Share This Page:

Wooooooooooooooooooooo

"Flying High" Discussions about the Royal Air Force.
rach7

Post by rach7 »

your making it sound very easy, which from the people that have just gone through halton before me have proved its not, i know that my fitness has to be of the highest standard if i can get that i know il be cool haha,
"jump through the loops" as said by my dad haha
rach7

Post by rach7 »

Hyperlithe, what trade are you?
Hyperlithe

Post by Hyperlithe »

Aircrew, linguist.
You can have peace.
Or you can have freedom.
Don't ever count on having both at once.
The life that I have
Is all that I have
And the life that I have
Is yours
rach7

Post by rach7 »

where you based?
Hyperlithe

Post by Hyperlithe »

Well i'm in Jordan at the moment, but usually Waddington.
You can have peace.
Or you can have freedom.
The life that I have
Is all that I have
And the life that I have
Is yours
harry hackedoff

Post by harry hackedoff »

Hyperlithe wrote:Aircrew, linguist.
Didn`t have them on Lancs, Hypers did they? :-? Linguists?

"Pilot to Rear Gunner, keep yer eyes peeled for Jerry and give him a spurt when he turns up, woncha?"
"Sorry, Skip, no can do. Rear`s off on paternity leave and I don`t do guns"
"Don`t do guns? Don`t do guns! Waddyamean, you don`t do guns? Your the rear gunner aren`t you, ffs?"
"Only for today Skip, actually I`m a linguist, Sir"
"Wtf are you going to do when we get over Hamburg and Jerry turns up then? Talk to the bastard?"
"Well actually Sir, some of them are quite nice lads"

Naw mate, it`ll never catch on. Get yerself a proper trade Hypers like VM or Sparky or summat 8)

Linguists :roll:
[url=http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/groupcp.php?g=397][img]http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/images/usergroups/listener.gif[/img][/url]
Hyperlithe

Post by Hyperlithe »

We don't talk to the barstewards H, they'd know we was there if'n we did that!

:roll:
You can have peace.
Or you can have freedom.
The life that I have
Is all that I have
And the life that I have
Is yours
harry hackedoff

I knew that :o
So, when are we going to see the phots, mate? 8)

Did you see Neil boring Morrisey doing Wadi Rum on camel with his gf before you left? Nearly as good as Ray Mears in Norge :P

So, did you do any climbing? What about Petra? So sorry she sacked the Blue Peter gig? Some good sandstone in there and big wall stuff, I`m really jealous Hypes :roll: You lucky lucky lucky linguist 8)
[url=http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/groupcp.php?g=397][img]http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/images/usergroups/listener.gif[/img][/url]
Hyperlithe

Post by Hyperlithe »

You might have to wait till I'm back in Blighty for phots, unless I can steal some of someone else's!
You can have peace.
Or you can have freedom.
The life that I have
Is all that I have
And the life that I have
Is yours
harry hackedoff

And the climbing? :-?
Hyperlithe

Post by Hyperlithe »

Not done any of that, was more of a whistlestop tour!
You can have peace.
Or you can have freedom.
The life that I have
Is all that I have
And the life that I have
Is yours
davies2201

Post by davies2201 »

rach7 wrote:see i thought that but, the raf aint gona see it like that wen my bmi is higher than it shud b how do i lose the weight and get rid of the fat? im hardly doing any weight work at the gym more cardio
To burn fat keep your heart rate (HR) around 130 if your heart rate goes higher you will be concentrating then on endurance and your heart. A lower HR will mean you not doing enough! Good luck!
sportbilly42

Post by sportbilly42 »

Have become a bit of a sad muppet over the past couple of weeks since discovering this site (as if I wasn't one before) ........All since my daughter started getting herself prepared for joining up (She's only got as far as PJFT, so a few more hoops to be sent through yet) But having trawled through previous threads it seems that 'rach7' has put in an impressive amount of posts in a short time and well done on getting her acceptance sorted.

Would be interested to ping some questions, as the ratio of active female members is fairly small and there's some obscure ones in the pipeline I'm sure.

(I've posted one earlier today on length of hair for women(!!!) as it doesn't seem to be something that's covered, and I ain't qualified to give her any advice) Also posted something on the MFAT site as I had a question about the fact that women will have to start doing 'PROPER' press-ups from April. I wanted to know what sort of pass mark Halton would be looking at so I could give my daughter a better steer on fitness preparation. Rach7 .......once you're through the door at Halton let my daughter know .........Ta
harvey

Post by harvey »

sportbilly:

I just came back from the pre recruit training course, which is a 2 day trip before you go to halton for 9 weeks. there we did a fitness 'assesment'. It consisted of a beep test, 'proper pressups' and situps. The girls require to achieve a 7.2 on the beep test ( they said it was possible to get a copy at some gyms of the test ). Females need 13 pressups in a minute and 30 sit-ups in a minute. Im not sure how many girls didnt pass / did pass, but girls and boys conbined 40% of us failed on at least 1 aspect of the test. At some point during your 9 week training you are all required to complete this test, so if she was to find herself in a position like myself, im now required to use the 6 weeks I'v got untill I start training to get fit enough, and not start off the course by constantly trying to catch up.
sportbilly42

Post by sportbilly42 »

Star info..... Cheers.