Share This Page:

eye exam

General discussions on joining & training in the British Army.
Roach

eye exam

Post by Roach »

Hi there just new here looking for advice.

I have always wanted to join the army however my eyes have always got in the way. I applied years ago when the requirements for your eyes were much stricter and failed to get in. I have only recently discovered that they relaxed the requirements. Frustratingly though I am -6.5 dioprtes in my right eye and -7.50 in my left so I am .50 out from getting in :(

I have booked laser eye surgery although I know that it can be no more than -6.00 pre op to get in. Would they know I have had laser eye surgery? And if they did do you need to provide proof of what you were pre op or do they find out? It is sooooo frustrating its something I have always wanted to do also in the US army they accept -8.00 pre op. Would they test my eyes or would they just straight up reject me?

Sorry for so many questions any help would be appreiciated.
Greeninside

Re: eye exam

Post by Greeninside »

All you can do is ask at the careers office as they will be able to give you an answer. My advice is be 100% honest with them, they will find out and you will be kicked out.
Roach

Re: eye exam

Post by Roach »

cheers matey. I have discovered a way to boost your eyesight naturally through exercises I only need to improve it by .50 so I am quite hopeful now. I have cancelled laser eye surgery too many risks I might never get in if I get it done.