Share This Page:

Can you join the Marines with Aspergers?

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
LloydL001

Can you join the Marines with Aspergers?

Post by LloydL001 »

Hi everyone, I would just like to know if you can join the Marines with Aspergers? Do they allow you straight in as if you havent got it? Or do they make you do tests to see how badly you have it? I have mild Aspergers, but if you were to know me in real life you would not know I had it! Ive told a couple of my friends and they said I would be the last person to think I had it. Because the doctors found out I had Aspergers when I was 13 (Im 15 now), I had to live with it without any help for 13 years so I just learned to live and get over it, Ive looked at things people with Aspergers suffer from and the only thing I have is that I take most things literally unless its obvious sarcasm or obviously not true. Coming from my doctor he said because I learned to live and get over it, he said that I have an extremely good mentality such as if I want to achieve something I will not give up until I get there and do it to the best of my ability.

Thanks.
-Lloyd.
In training for PRAC in 2014 :D
soldierboy

Re: Can you join the Marines with Aspergers?

Post by soldierboy »

Hi Lloyd, from doing a little bit of research it seems to be that if you have only a mild case of aspergers then it may be possible. I think it just depends on the results of the tests you will do prior to joining.
You can either surf, or you can fight!
LloydL001

Re: Can you join the Marines with Aspergers?

Post by LloydL001 »

soldierboy wrote:Hi Lloyd, from doing a little bit of research it seems to be that if you have only a mild case of aspergers then it may be possible. I think it just depends on the results of the tests you will do prior to joining.
Thanks for letting me know and double thanks for researching for me :)
In training for PRAC in 2014 :D