Share This Page:

Smoking

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
ccannon76535

Smoking

Post by ccannon76535 »

I just wanna know if I'm in the same room as people who are smoking weed will it show up on my medical? I didn't smoke any of it I was just in the same room.

Thanks for any help :)
Wholley

Re: Smoking

Post by Wholley »

THC will show up on a blood test but generally leaves the system after 24-48hrs.
Even second hand smoke CAN appear as a red flag.
ccannon76535

Post by ccannon76535 »

Do you think I'll be alright?
ofens

Post by ofens »

I think you'll be more than alright, in fact your life will take a whole new direction for the better if you stop hanging around with drug users.
[i]Hangover is temporary, drinking lasts forever![/i]
[b]IT WILL COME[/b]
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

Aye'
to the above.
harbinger

Post by harbinger »

You might actually not be alright. Factors include:
How often does THC enter your bloodstream?
How much enters at a time?
What time period is between the inhaling of weed smoke and the medical?

If you are truly concerned, you could try drinking lots of cranberry juice. I heard it may help.
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

harbinger wrote: you could try drinking lots of cranberry juice. I heard it may help.
You"heard"wrong.
THC along with alcohol is filtered by the renal glands and passes through the body and no amount of what is effectively vitamin"C" will accelerate the process.
Iv'e arrested many suspects on"Probable Cause"and heard all the usual but,but...Officer I just had a toke and some OJ.Phlebology and videoed sobriety test evidence more than underlines that to avoid arrest DON'T DO IT
I know I sometimes go on endlessly about DWI but Someone has to sweep up after the event and like most police officers I got sick and angry of dealing with the aftermath of a FATAC.
You knock on the door at 02.00hrs and tell a young man that his wife and unborn child have been killed and see how you feel about it.
Tab

Post by Tab »

When I was in the Army they used to give you free fags and rum, mind you the food was bloody awful
harbinger

Post by harbinger »

Woah, I didn't mean to step on anyone's feet. I'm not surprised that the hear-say is wrong, so forget about the cranberry juice.
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

No drama's harbinger.
No toe's stepped on.