Share This Page:

Intro n Info

General discussions on joining & training in The Parachute Regiment.
Chris129

Intro n Info

Post by Chris129 »

Hey Up Fellas

Im Chris and been wondering about on this forum for a while now and decided to comtribute as such!!!

I was in The Rifles but came out last year!!! Worst decision ever...but hey every cloud.

Im currently in the process of joining back up but this time obviously goin for PARA...now there is a million questions on here bout what training is like and how hard it is and the standards of fitness required soooo...I was Rifles and the training was nails really hard guys not a walk in the park!!! We had a PARA PTI take us at week 3 for PT cos our PTI had anutha platoon that day and the PARA pti absolutly smashed us and as of week 2 we were doin hill reps up something called Lick Out hill guys this is horrible up n down bout 6 tyms altogetha in ya section, individual, scurry n this is in the middle ov a 3mile run. So guys this was just Rifles training n it gets so much harder so be prepaid for alot worse i.e Steeplechase 3times over.

On the other hand Training its self is awesome you bond with your section and the rest of the platoon...aside from the few aholes its brill!! Your section CPL will do his best to help you always. However if u royally screw up u WILL have to look forward to Corridor PT especially if you screw up on Drill.

In a nut shell guys Rifles training is hard and not a walk in the park!!! so if anyone out there thinks that PARA course is guna be a breeze think agen train hard and you will make it as a Para but dnt go into it half hearted otherwise not not just guna fail yourself your taking a place that could av gone to some1 else who wanted the maroon machine more than you. You have to go to cattrick at the top of your game to pass Para but if it was easy every1 would do it...

I hope i have provided some insight for you guys!! Any replys r welcome
SandyTheGuvnor

Re: Intro n Info

Post by SandyTheGuvnor »

Chris129 wrote:Hey Up Fellas

Im Chris and been wondering about on this forum for a while now and decided to comtribute as such!!!

I was in The Rifles but came out last year!!! Worst decision ever...but hey every cloud.

Im currently in the process of joining back up but this time obviously goin for PARA...now there is a million questions on here bout what training is like and how hard it is and the standards of fitness required soooo...I was Rifles and the training was nails really hard guys not a walk in the park!!! We had a PARA PTI take us at week 3 for PT cos our PTI had anutha platoon that day and the PARA pti absolutly smashed us and as of week 2 we were doin hill reps up something called Lick Out hill guys this is horrible up n down bout 6 tyms altogetha in ya section, individual, scurry n this is in the middle ov a 3mile run. So guys this was just Rifles training n it gets so much harder so be prepaid for alot worse i.e Steeplechase 3times over.

On the other hand Training its self is awesome you bond with your section and the rest of the platoon...aside from the few aholes its brill!! Your section CPL will do his best to help you always. However if u royally screw up u WILL have to look forward to Corridor PT especially if you screw up on Drill.

In a nut shell guys Rifles training is hard and not a walk in the park!!! so if anyone out there thinks that PARA course is guna be a breeze think agen train hard and you will make it as a Para but dnt go into it half hearted otherwise not not just guna fail yourself your taking a place that could av gone to some1 else who wanted the maroon machine more than you. You have to go to cattrick at the top of your game to pass Para but if it was easy every1 would do it...

I hope i have provided some insight for you guys!! Any replys r welcome
You would not run up Lick Out hill on a 3 mile run its too far away and Lick Out hill is on the other side of the training area and line runs stick to one side of the area.
Things you feel like doing after being hit in the liver :
-Vomitting
-Suffocating
-Shitting yourself
-Passing out
-Crying for your mummy
-Stop taking part in any kind of violent sport.......
Chris129

Post by Chris129 »

Im pretty sure it was lick out hill!!!! I cant remember the exact route but first we got took to a hill where to paths curve round to do sum hill reps there and then moved onto lick out! It was lick out i wouldnt forget cos the pti told us when i was absolutly nakerd!! It has a smaller hill next to it what you tab up if iv got my wires crossed on this 1 im sorry but im sure it was
Chris129

Post by Chris129 »

It might av been Land of Nod actually..