Share This Page:

Vietnam?????

General information on Military History.
tonyh762

Re: Vietnam

Post by tonyh762 »

Chuckie1970 wrote:Sorry Tony, I wasn't questioning you with regards to the Koreans being volunteers... I actually am surpised and you are probably right. I just didn't know that.

chuckie there is no requirment for you to apoligise mate.
i was just telling you what i know, i didnt think you were questioning me, ok?
acutually there were chinese "nung" (i think thats right) fighters there fighting against the commies, for the CIA i think, they were all volunteers.
who cares who wins
macvsog

Post by macvsog »

Yes, to all of you. If our government wasn't compiled the way that it was then the Ambassadors wouldn't have been able to run their "Secret Wars (MACVSOG)" according to each one's standard. Ambassador Sullivan was nothing short of an Arsehole! Allowing a SpecOp team to only operate 20 miles inside Laos and not being able to cut off the Ho Chi Minh Trail was just a waste. Same goes for the Arsebassador of Cambodia. Same goes for General Abrahms, and few others I could name but nobody would no who they are. Body Counts, What a way to run a frigging war. My specialty is the VIetnam War and SpecOps during the war. At least Westmoreland had it right when he wanted to go into Laos to cut off the Trail. :x

By the way I am opened to further discussion on this if anybody else would like to learn a little something more on Special Ops in Vietnam. MACVSOG being my specialty! :D
colmurph

Post by colmurph »

wannabe_bootneck wrote:Could include the fact that, British DID serve in Vietnam, very limited scale but, they did. Spec. Forces on exchanges with SEALs, Green Berets etc. were the order of the day. But SAS & SBA despised Yank SF, cause they did things like light fires giving position away etc. bad soldiering basically.Agent Orange still causing birth defects. Dunno anymore.
The SAS that served in Vietnam were Australian, not British.
JohnKSmart

Author

Post by JohnKSmart »

Try Lowe. D

Menzies and the great world struggle