Share This Page:

Bear Grylls

Discussions about those units who make up the Commando’s.
Seraph

Post by Seraph »

anglo-saxon wrote:Of course all of his stuff is staged.
Uncertain if we can say for sure it's staged. No more than we can say for sure its not.
Artist

Post by Artist »

All I know is that I for one one after serving in her Majesties Royal Marines for 18 years would make damn sure that my Gaff as a Civvie would have:

A. Air conditioned rooms.

B. Proper rooms.

C. In fact ought I wanted!

Bruce Parry however I love watching as he's a gen sort of bloke (plus he's a Former Bootneck!). When he lived with them sods who he lets do daft things to him. Africa and South America............... For myself if any Amazonian tribe messed me about with me head I'd wack the Chief of the Tribe in the nadgers ASAP and let him know that I was not happy!

Tis bad enough going to Brum!
jabcrosshook

Post by jabcrosshook »

Artist wrote:
Bruce Parry however I love watching as he's a gen sort of bloke (plus he's a Former Bootneck!). When he lived with them sods who he lets do daft things to him. Africa and South America............... For myself if any Amazonian tribe messed me about with me head I'd wack the Chief of the Tribe in the nadgers ASAP and let him know that I was not happy!

Tis bad enough going to Brum!
I think Bruce Parry is brilliant. I feel it's fascinating to see other cultures and beliefs, with different ways of life due to the environment and history, which we would not usually be exposed too.
Seraph

Post by Seraph »

jabcrosshook wrote:I think Bruce Parry is brilliant.
Agree. There's not a whiff of pretence about him.
anglo-saxon

Post by anglo-saxon »

Seraph wrote:
Uncertain if we can say for sure it's staged. No more than we can say for sure its not.
Of course we can. He's said it himself. In fact, in one episode he staged it in front of the camera (the one where he went down the cravass). It's only for info/entertainment. It's still good stuff.
gunner75

Post by gunner75 »

so why does ray mears keep chelping on about him like some queen of the harpies?? apparently refering to him as a boy scout! competitive rivallry and jest or plain jealousy? i enjoy both shows but i think bear grylls entertains the most.
'Every man an Emperor'
Seraph

Post by Seraph »

anglo-saxon wrote:
Seraph wrote:
Of course we can. He's said it himself
Think boundaries are getting blurred.

You've said above that ALL his stuff is staged (perhaps I should have included that important word in my posts for clarity).

That I'm aware, he's NOT said that, and would be rather daft too. Some of his commercial success relies on a few believing what they think they see.

He has however stated that 'some' parts are staged - which isn't disputed. But I don't need to hear it from him. I can watch the shows and ACTUALLY see him doing 'stuff' that is not staged.
HCR

Post by HCR »

Only the most naive would believe it was not staged. But so what, he still does the things he does. He still bites the heads of live snakes and eats all sorts alive. And still grabs a hand full of Camel Sh*t and squeezes every last drop of water out of it into his gob. So respect where it due.
For it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' 'Chuck him out, the brute!'
But it's 'Saviour of 'is country' when the guns begin to shoot; (Rudyard Kipling)
Brisks

Post by Brisks »

anglo-saxon wrote:
Ray Mears on the other hand...I think he could live of his body fat for many moons!!
That's only because he's so good at surviving in the wild he can actually become a fatty while living off the wildlife. :wink:
maunder123

Post by maunder123 »

hmmm i didnt read through all posts so sorry if im repeating, but surely he cant have been sas as they have to keep there id and that they wer sas on the downlow? (also ray mears states in most programmes "im going to be staying in the hut") :D
B.a.r.b - passed - 68
Medical - in process
Basic Skills - 28th january
regiment choice - reme
trade - vehicle mechanic
-------------------------------------------