Share This Page:

Royal navy...I need help!

Discussions on joining & training in the Royal Navy.
shazza

Royal navy...I need help!

Post by shazza »

Hey people...I'm a padsbrat from Germany and waiting on my British passport before I can get any info from careers office :( so I'm trying to find out as much as I can now!
I want to join RN as an AET.
What is the pre selection test like?? How about the fitness tests? What do you have to do apart from the 1.5 miler??
I've heard from many that the math is really hard!? I'm not stupid but I'm a bit of a sissy when it comes to tests and exams and I'm worried it's going to cause problems.
Does anybody know how long it will take me to get it all sorted as I'm in a different country?
I would really appreciate some advice :)

Xx
Chris1983

Post by Chris1983 »

The pre selection test is based on maths, mechanical comprehension and spelling/gramour. It's nothing to difficult; when you go to the careers office they will give you a practice booklet with example questions. As long as you revise you shouldn't have any issues.

The fitness test is just the 1.5 mile run on a treadmill, if you are under 25 then you need to do it in less than 12 minutes 20 seconds. Once you get to basic training you want to be able to run it in under 10 minutes 30 and be able to at least 20 press ups and 30 sit-ups (minimum). This would make the physical side of training that bit easier.

As for the AET training, I have no idea. They train on the same base as me but I don't know any of them.