Share This Page:

Pool running?

Discussions on joining & training in the Royal Navy.
William

Pool running?

Post by William »

Could someone explain exactly how to pool run.I thought it was simply running under water from the waist down,but have also heard you dont actualy hit the bottom at all,but float...im confused.
Has anyone done this type of excersice? Anyone have some diagrams to help explain?How effective is this anyways? Could I not simply use those running machines that stride as you do,I forget what they are called but again your feet never actualy impact on anything.

Im looking into this as a way to stay on my training shcedual while recovering from stress fractures to my shins suffered from road running.
HotShot

Post by HotShot »

It sounds like just kicking your feet and slowing moving forward...and I think it's called a stepping machine or something.
William

Post by William »

To add to my original post...How effective are excercise bikes? Could that be an alternative to running while I heal up?

What do you guys think?
mercury

Post by mercury »

Pool running is a good ex for those recovering from injury , there is a float you can buy which will make it easier , a quick google should bring it up
"certa cito"
ramz56

Post by ramz56 »

you can buy a thing called a pool vest which is a float which goes around your waist, you basically simulate all the actions of running and you should move slowly but surely
"per mere per terram" "esprit de corps"
Aptitude tests-PASSED
Medical-PASSED
Interview-PASSED
PJFT-PASSED (7.26)
Stinky

Post by Stinky »

When I was lifegaurding we just allowed people to borrow them. I'm sure if you went to a swimming pool which has aqua-fit sessions or something like that, they will just lend you them for free.