Share This Page:

Car or the money?

General discussions on joining & training in the British Army.
Glasgow

Car or the money?

Post by Glasgow »

Alright guys? Right joining the army will be my 1st real job with real pay. I’ll probably be able to afford an alright car.

Do you guys who are in the army buy cars or do you just use trains and stuff. Coz I’m thinking that It’s a lot of £ to spend on a car that you’re not going to be able to use very often.

So is it worth buying a car or what?

Cheers.
lew

Post by lew »

I plan to sell mine when I go in, I can't see the point of owning one if I'm hardly ever going to use it...

lew
All I want in life is a cold beer, a fast car, a big F**King gun and a hot woman to fetch the beer, and clean the car! is that really to much to ask? - Quotes by a redneck.com

recruit test 21 march - PASSED
medical 30 march - PASSED
interview 30 march - PASSED
PJFT - 11 april - PASSED 9:18
PRMC - 7th - 10th JUNE. PASSED
foundation - 29th August
I love beasting

Post by I love beasting »

Im hoping to join paras in the summer and got my driving test next week, I could really do with some transport to work ect. Is it an option to get temporary insurance in 5 months time I could sell my car and discontinue paying insurance??
Uni in Sepember
Jason The Argonaut

Re: Car or the money?

Post by Jason The Argonaut »

Glasgow wrote:Alright guys? Right joining the army will be my 1st real job with real pay. I’ll probably be able to afford an alright car.

Do you guys who are in the army buy cars or do you just use trains and stuff. Coz I’m thinking that It’s a lot of £ to spend on a car that you’re not going to be able to use very often.

So is it worth buying a car or what?

Cheers.
Depends how far you are going to be travelling from home to base. My mate comes from London, but his regiment 1RGJ are based in Blackpool so he needs his car. Only get one if you are going to get good use out of it.
I fight for my corner and secondly I leave when the pub closes. - Winston Churchill [img]http://www.world-of-smilies.de/html/images/smilies/teufel/smilie_vampire.gif[/img]
I love beasting

Post by I love beasting »

So can you bring your car to basic training?
Uni in Sepember
Nimbard

Post by Nimbard »

I dont think you can have cars on base during basic training but after that then its no problem..

I'd say its wise to get a car as otherwise when you come back on leave you'l just be sat around bored when you could drive somewhere and have a laugh, but thats just my opinion :)
Without Pain, Without Sacrifice!
Worthers Original

Post by Worthers Original »

Nimbard wrote:...when you could drive somewhere and have a laugh...
That's what's been missing all these years. I wish someone had told me earlier. I just have a laugh where I am, I didn't realise you were supposed to drive somewhere first. :wink:

:lol:
Nimbard

Post by Nimbard »

Thats it Worthers outside now... we'll settle this with sticks and KY Jelly :wink: hehe.

Well if you live in such a crap place as I do you need to drive somewhere else to find fun
Worthers Original

Post by Worthers Original »

If that's how you have fun then no wonder you have to drive somewhere to do it :o When you get some leave just find somewhere else to go. No law says you have to go back to the place you're trying to escape from.

KY indeed :lol:
Nimbard

Post by Nimbard »

Worthers Original wrote:If that's how you have fun then no wonder you have to drive somewhere to do it :o When you get some leave just find somewhere else to go. No law says you have to go back to the place you're trying to escape from.

KY indeed :lol:
lol I happen to like sticks mr man :lol: ... but honestly I know i dont have to come back here but this is where most of my friends are and I would be happy just to stay here but you have to do other stuff and most places you need a car to get there.

Yes indeed KY :wink: :lol:
Tab

Post by Tab »

Some Regiments get put on a 24 hour standby quite often, so if you have a car how are you going to overcome that one. Are you going to leave the car parked up some where to be stripped for spares by other people.
Now the best things is to go for some lttle out fit that does nothing all the time and just keep out of the way of every one.

:drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking:
friendlyfireaintfriendly

Post by friendlyfireaintfriendly »

whats a forces railcard and buscard? Is that what it sounds like?