Share This Page:

1.5 today

Discussions about those units who make up The Parachute Regiment.
Scouse_liam

1.5 today

Post by Scouse_liam »

I was doin my 1.5 today and i was on my last stretch and was running at my best time, but suddenly i jusy had no more in me adn stopped!! its knocked my confidence big time. Could this be due to total tirdness after running everyday this week, these have been 3 - 4 milers like. Gutted
BE A w@#k OR A PARATROOPER."
2 PARA
tom163

Post by tom163 »

Don't know but you should'nt be running every day you can do damage and overwork. Run every other day and in the gap days if your bored do some CV or get down to the gym.
Scouse_liam

Post by Scouse_liam »

A will do mate. Just felt so tired even before the run. I know am gin g to do it on the day but because i want to be a para so bad, am really nervous and every though is going through my head.
2 PARA
sportbilly42

Post by sportbilly42 »

My missus says it's quite common to feel run down and tired just before your monthly cycle..... I told her I know what she means as, even though it's MORE than a month since I was last on a bike, I still get tired.

Don't worry about an occasional brain fart when your body just makes you stop running. It happens to even the very best... as long as you didn't pull your keks to one side, squat down and piss in the gutter like 'our Paula' then you'll be fine. However if it was only a 1.5 mile run then it's not exactly mid-marathon. You may have been worrying too much/not giving your body time to recover from other exercise/needing a dump/coming down with man-flu/etc

Relax.....ENJOY......... the run times will come if you keep at it...
gunner75

Post by gunner75 »

in short take a week off your training too much! i had, in the past, exact same problem and thats all i done. i then found when i got back into it i regained my energy and enthusiasm and had a new lease of life to train harder.
as for doing a paula, nowt wrong with that especially on the 10miler P-coy - but dont take the time out to squat, or get the lad out for that matter... :wink:
'Every man an Emperor'
Scouse_liam

Post by Scouse_liam »

I think because am worrying that much i have convinced mysef am un fit and wont do it. But i actually i am fit and i WILL do it. My adsc is a week today. What do you think i should do in terms of training??? thanks for gettin back lads
2 PARA
joe9843

Post by joe9843 »

dont worry about it mate, you told me on the phone the other day just too scream at you if u slack off.. haha an i will. nar, if your fit enough an you want it that bad your adrenilin an motivation will see you throu. :D
BARB - PASSED MEDICAL - PASSED INTERVIEW - PASSED ADSC 16 TH MARCH
Tab

Post by Tab »

I went for a run today covered 1.5 miles in 90 seconds mind you I was having a run in the car.
Scouse_liam

Post by Scouse_liam »

haha you done well there!!! thanks for the support tab haha
2 PARA