Share This Page:

waiting for the call?

Discussions about those units who make up the Commando’s.
ghost reacon

waiting for the call?

Post by ghost reacon »

Hi,
I was 16 when i got to week 5 in RT. I was called into the office , where i was told that i should leave the corps and come back when im older and stronger!. Now being 19 and having done a college course now spending everyday thinking about the green lid i always wanted.

I went down to my AFCO where he said he will have to send off to see if i am applicable to sign back up to the corpse?
Does anybody no how long this will take ? what is the chances of gettin rejected?
I am fit and ready to go ! but having to wait on this is driving me mad!
thanks luke
luke cooper
mutter1

Post by mutter1 »

I went down to my AFCO where he said he will have to send off to see if i am applicable to sign back up to the corpse
....is RT that hard?

:P
Illustrious

Post by Illustrious »

Cooper, good to see you're back. I'm sure everything will go alright, but just to make you feel bad... I leave next monday 8) 8)

Its James by the way, as if I needed to tell you :roll:
Alfa

Post by Alfa »

Ghost reacon, don't worry about it too much, everyone who re-joins the forces has to have this done no matter what the reason you were discharged for.

However, it can take upto 6-8 weeks to hear back so can be a drawn out process.
ghost reacon

Post by ghost reacon »

haha yes recruit training was hard but great fun !
james i no its you , monday man i wish i was there i have to re-do the whole application again! 6-8 weeks really ? 1 week has been a nightmare.

So this happening to everybody who rejoins the chances are that i should be all fine ! although 6 weeks is a long time my afco officer told me if all goes to plan i could be back in RT by christmas so i supose i just got to keep planning on that ?
cheers Luke
luke cooper
Illustrious

Post by Illustrious »

Chin up fella, you'll be there eventually, again. :wink:

Just smash the phys until then. 8)
Alfa

Post by Alfa »

Yes, the chances are you should get clearance so long as you had a good record etc... it's pretty much just a formality.

6-8 weeks is the time they state but it can be quicker if you're lucky but just bare in mind it might take a while, also you can carry on with the rest of the application (ie interviews & tests etc..) while waiting for their response too so that way you're good to go when it comes back.
ghost reacon

Post by ghost reacon »

Cheers alfa,
I didnt no i could carry my application on, my AFCO told me to wait for him to get in touch. I think i should give him a call and really let him no i want my app to go as quick as possible!
Cheers all,
Luke.
luke cooper
Alfa

Post by Alfa »

Well I suppose it depends on your recruiter whether he'll continue with the tests and do your interviews but in the Army they did the BARB and interview before getting the clearance back. I don't suppose there's any harm in asking though, after all if you don't ask you don't get do you :wink: