Share This Page:

26th Anniversary of the Battle of Goose Green

General information on Military History.
anglo-saxon

26th Anniversary of the Battle of Goose Green

Post by anglo-saxon »

28 May, 1982...

Hard to believe the conflict was that long ago.

Many forum members were but young soldiers/marines then. Many weren't even born (and some of the old farts were already past their prime :D ).

Lt Col 'H' Jones's 2 Para did the business with support from 29 Cdo Arty , plus air/aviation assets and some "softening up" of the Argie positions from Navy guns.

Of course, among the 2 Para casualties was Jones himself, earning the VC (postumously, sadly).
SO19

Post by SO19 »

Whenever you hear the islanders speak, it's hard not to tear up when you see how emotional they get at the sacrifices these young lads made for them. They are truly, truly grateful and will never forget.

Gone but not forgotten.

[i]‘We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat’ - Queen Victoria, 1899[/i]
DelD

Post by DelD »

I took a module on the Falklands at university.

The victory at Goose Green was a great achievement.

Dont play poker against Chris Keeble, he has nerves of steel!

I have a transcrpit of an excellent witness seminar involving most of the major players of the war (our side) if anyone wants to read it. Its the major and most recent primary source material on the war as far as I know.

Very interesting.
SO19

Post by SO19 »

Send it my way DelD if you would be so kind.
[i]‘We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat’ - Queen Victoria, 1899[/i]
got1

Post by got1 »

Airborne Prayer.

May the defence of the Most High be above and beneath, around and within us, in our going out and in our coming in, in our rising up and our going down, through all the days and all our nights, until the dawn when the Sun of Righteousness shall arise with healing in His Wings for the peoples of the world, through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Amen.
DelD

Post by DelD »

SO19, check pms