Share This Page:

Best RAF fighter jet in 2003 ?? Some info please

"Flying High" Discussions about the Royal Air Force.
El Prez

Post by El Prez »

Chaps, Milletts are doing a nice line in grey cotton anoraks. There's also the option of the brushed steel flask, (Fl1-a). :lol:
You should talk to somebody who gives a f**k.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v77/Robiz/movie_star_wars_yoda.gif[/img]
El Presidente
may18

Post by may18 »

El Prez wrote:Chaps, Milletts are doing a nice line in grey cotton anoraks. There's also the option of the brushed steel flask, (Fl1-a). :lol:
:lol:

only if i get some sandals and a trainspotting book to go with them!
Topper

Post by Topper »

And cheese and pickle sandwiches with a Thermos to go with that. :roll:
Dmanton300

Post by Dmanton300 »

Topper wrote:And cheese and pickle sandwiches with a Thermos to go with that. :roll:
Gee thanks. . now my stomach is rumbling like a cement mixer!
FRIDAY!!! Who's up for a gallon and 'alf an' a Kebab?!?!? Beer me up landlord!

Homer *ON*
Cheese & Pickle. . . mmmmmmmm
Homer *OFF*
The latest and greatest is the new Buccaneer
All full of black boxes and Scimitar gear
But don't worry Kruschev, you're safe 'till the days
The F*****g great bastard is fitted with Speys!
regiment_rock

Post by regiment_rock »

Can I just point somerthing out, the name of the post; RAF FIGHTER AIRCRAFT. The aircraft that you just tried to prove me wrong with all seem to be USAF and Royal Navy aircraft, hence maybe why they have different markings and designations or whatever. I dont know, Im not an anorak, all I know is that when I saw a P2 Presentation by a comissioned officer of the RAF, he explained that RAF aircraft starting with 'F', example Tornado F3, are fighters, and others, like 'GR' stand for Ground Reconaissance and Attack, or 'T', which stands for trainer.
As for the issue of how much information is put onto this website, I never said it was wrong or pointing the finger at anyone, I simply said maybe we should be a little cautious. Yeah you are right, all of the stuff said on here is oprobably on the RAF or MOD website, but who says jundies dont look on these sorts of forums either?
This situation seems to be rather typical of the people on the internet, too many people blowing their tops and trying to get the better of you or prove you wrong. Well to be honest I dont mind, I admit Im no anorak or plane spotter, I prefer a day on the range rather then jotting down aircraft serial numbers!
'The RAF's best fighters operate on the ground'
UKfighter

Hi old question I guess

Post by UKfighter »

Hi know you asked this question years ago but I thourght that if you need it hear are its answers if not nevermind.

Which is the best RAF fighter jet ? What is the US equivalent ?
The best RAF fighter at the time of your asking was proberbly the tornado F3 but times ahve changed and the new fighter that came into service a year ago is the Eurofighter Typhoon F2 its US equivilant is proberbly the F35

What are the roles of tornados, jaguar, Nimrod R1, Harrier ?
The jaguar is a fighter that went out of service a year ago, the tornado varies from what it was designed for, you have got the GR4 which is a bomber and the F3 which is a fighter. The nimrod R1 was designed for bombing but is know used for Maritime reconissance it is planned to go out of service soon to be replaced by the Nimrod MAR4. And finally the harrier which both the GR7 and the GR9 are used for bombing.

Do women fly anyof these fighter planes ? Generally what are their roles in the RAF ?
Any women can become a pilot but I am not to sure about fighter pilot to find out if they can you need to go down to you local AFCO and ask.

Why are F-16 planes not used ? Have f-15 replaced them ?
The F-15 went out of srvice years ago and are no longer used by the RAF while the F-16 as much as it is a more advanced plane has never been used by the RAF. The F-16 has always been used by the americans. The RAF are hoping to introduce the F35B which is basically the F35 with a few british bits added

Which countries in the world are famous for the best in terms of 'skilled fighter pilots' in the western world ?
In this case this is your own choice but nearly everybody including the americans think thge british have got the best trained forces ever

Also what about the 3rd world I know they may not have the technology and best aircraft, what about fighter pilot skill ?
I have no idea in this case.

I hope this is worth it cause now my fingers are hurting
Alfa

Re: Hi old question I guess

Post by Alfa »

UKfighter wrote:The best RAF fighter at the time of your asking was proberbly the tornado F3 but times ahve changed and the new fighter that came into service a year ago is the Eurofighter Typhoon F2 its US equivilant is proberbly the F35
The US equivalent to the Typhoon would be the F22.

UKfighter wrote:The F-15 went out of srvice years ago and are no longer used by the RAF
The RAF has never operated the F15.

UKfighter wrote:The RAF are hoping to introduce the F35B which is basically the F35 with a few british bits added[/b]
Actually the F35B isn't just "an F35 with British bits added on" it's the STOVL (Short Take Off Vertical Landing) variant of the type built in co-operation between BAE Systems and Lockheed Martin which will be operated by the USMC as well as the RAF & Royal Navy.

I know you're only young but in future if you're going to drag up 5 year old threads you might want to make sure that the information you're providing is accurate.
UKfighter

Post by UKfighter »

cheers for da corrections
Skiddywinks

Post by Skiddywinks »

oooh burned :p
~Do Not Go Where The Path May Lead, Go Instead Where There Is No Path, And Leave A Trail~