Share This Page:

Formal Interview at AFCO help

"Flying High" Discussions about the Royal Air Force.
The Stig

Formal Interview at AFCO help

Post by The Stig »

Hi chaps,

Got back from the Presentation from the AFCO yesterday and now started revising before i book up my formal interview!

I'm currently studying: NATO, UN, EU, the WSOp branch itself, where the RAF are around the world, what aircraft are in service and future ones, what RAF Stations are based where etc. etc.

IU was just wondering if i'm going into to much depth with what i'm study?

At the moment for example i'm doing NATO, i have a brief history, the North Atlantic Treaty itself, current memebers, and future members aswell. does anyone know what else i need?

i have some stuff about previous NATO operations in the Yugoslav Wars but is that to much detail? i mean this isnt the Interview at OASC is it? lol?

Regards
The Stig
bushyredsocks

Post by bushyredsocks »

Nah mate, you don't need to know that much about NATO. All you have to do is show that you've made an effort to find out more. In my Officers interview i was just asked what NATO is short for, when it was formed, and how many countries are in it now. You don't need to know anything about the past operations although i suppose if you started talking more about in depth about NATO it would impress them more. But seriously you don't need to know that much.

Did you get a booklet on everything you need to know? As long as you read that through afew times you'll be grand.
The Stig

Post by The Stig »

bushyredsocks wrote:Nah mate, you don't need to know that much about NATO. All you have to do is show that you've made an effort to find out more. In my Officers interview i was just asked what NATO is short for, when it was formed, and how many countries are in it now. You don't need to know anything about the past operations although i suppose if you started talking more about in depth about NATO it would impress them more. But seriously you don't need to know that much.

Did you get a booklet on everything you need to know? As long as you read that through afew times you'll be grand.
cheers for the reply mate!

i didnt get a booklet with "everything i need to know" but at the presentation the officer said what things we could be asked about!

i was thinking that i was studying to much into it lol i'll save all that for the OASC Selection interview