Share This Page:

Humane Execution

Non Military Chat. A place for chats or dross and down right pointless posts, you decide.
Rogue Chef

Post by Rogue Chef »

He has indeed, and not such a different opinion. There are several others who have been around a while longer that voiced similar views. But when did parity and fairness have anything to do with anything?
Last edited by Rogue Chef on Mon 07 Jan, 2008 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
harry hackedoff

Post by harry hackedoff »

Fair point.
Who do you think Q is, by the way :-?
[url=http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/groupcp.php?g=397][img]http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/images/usergroups/listener.gif[/img][/url]
jabcrosshook

Post by jabcrosshook »

Q should an introduction on the site.
Rogue Chef

Post by Rogue Chef »

It's obvious HH. I thought you would have spotted it. He's Spartacus!
Sisyphus

Post by Sisyphus »

jabcrosshook wrote:Why is it that Q is getting the stick because he has a different opinion from others?
I think he has a valid opinion.
So do I - it's how you express them that's the important thing. He thinks the chances of incorrect verdicts are very very low! :roll:

He obviously has no idea that Prof Roy Meadows' expert opinion would have condemned Sally Clarke [and a fair few other women] to death.

That's an OPINION not DNA evidence. :oops: :oops:

And where Meadows was concerned the chances were far from 'very low' that he'd repeat his opinions in any future cases he may have been called as the expert witness.

Q's been watching too much CSI methinks. :roll:
Rogue Chef

Post by Rogue Chef »

There is a problem.
Quite simply the law does differentiate between the smoking gun type conviction and other convictions that are proved through other means. So if we said we are happy that all murderers, paedos etc were executed, but only if the the conviction was 100%, then that means that we are saying that some convictions are not 100% safe. How can that be? The Dando case is an example.

Also, I saw a number of well known bad boys walk from court for various reasons. The papers often publish stories about suspects being proved innocent, when often it meant the prosecutors couldn't nail them, for various reasons.

A former RM who became a police officer told me that he once worked with a CID officer who was involved in a high profile case involving PIRA pub bombings. The suspects have since been freed. He told my friend that he was sure of two things:
1. The police case was unsafe.
2. The suspects were guilty.

The police tried to make the case stick through 'noble cause' corruption.
Don't do it. The bad guys will walk!
jabcrosshook

Post by jabcrosshook »

What I am saying is why does Q have to be called a gobshite when the person calling the gobshite doesn't know anything about him? That's where I'm lost.
I agree there are problems with the way in ensuring that someone who is going to be executed isn't innocent, but it doesn't need people with an alternate view wanting to have him removed from the boards.
_chris

Post by _chris »

jabcrosshook wrote:What I am saying is why does Q have to be called a gobshite when the person calling the gobshite doesn't know anything about him? That's where I'm lost.
I agree there are problems with the way in ensuring that someone who is going to be executed isn't innocent, but it doesn't need people with an alternate view wanting to have him removed from the boards.
''PC brigade assholes''

''You and your kind make me sick Pinko!! Live in the real world mate!''

I think its mainly due to how he voiced his opinion in his early posts on the thread and an assumption that people with the alternative opion are automatically wrong in what they say because it doesn't follow his thinking. Alternative opinions are valued if put across the right way. Calling for a ban is a bit much, but the mods haven't done so theres not really a problem.
flighty

Post by flighty »

For the record, I did not call for him to be banned .... merely for the Mods to have a look at the posts he made.

Chris, you are absolutely right. He set the standard with his attack on 'pinkos / PC assholes' blah de blah de blah.

Jabcrosshook .... suggest you read and inwardly digest stuff before you make comments. You and I have crossed swords on 'the other side' so I suspect your reaction was of the knee-jerk variety. :o So be it.

I guess, and so do others, that this guy has been here before causing mayhem.

Jayne
flighty

Post by flighty »

Tab wrote:Flighty luv what window do I go to watch you show your fat rear
No worries, Tab .... I'll get it posted on YouTube! :P :P :P

Happy New Year, by the way. :D

Jayne x
Q

Post by Q »

So, the fact that the PC brigade are stopping people flying the flag of St.George or the Union Flag because it's deemed racist, doesn't bother you? The PC brigade have banned Santa from saying Ho! Ho Ho!, because it's offensive to women, you don't find that barmy? The PC brigade demand that you are served coffee and tea with or without milk, instead of black and white, because it's offensive to black people, that's ok is it... it's pure stupidty, i'm all for PC upto commonsense level, but this is where the PC assholes (ooops bad man!) just get ridiculous.

And no flighty, i've not been on here causing mayhem before, that's not my style, i am NOT a trouble maker, if you can't except that i'm passionate about my differing opinion, then tough, i'm not changing for no one. I must say i'm quite amused at the witch hunt that has sprung up against me.
flighty

Post by flighty »

What a load of bollocks!

You need to accompany me to the schools I work in in Manchester. Open invitation.

Continue to write racist crap and I will bite back .
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

As we are all having a PC attack can we please watch our spelling.As a white male American I find it an affront when the English language is abused.EXCEPT by you of course Q :o
I think irony is lost on some people. :roll:
Q

Post by Q »

Where the hell do you get off flighty, racist crap! what racist crap? I am no racist, far from it, so where the hell did i say anything racist?

What the hell has accompanying you to schools to Manchester got to do with anything i have posted....i dunno some people.
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

I'm going to appeal for calmness and forethought before this thread gets out of hand.
There is no future in abusing each other verbally.
If you wish to do so then go at it via PM.
I'm sure I am not the only one who is not amused by the turn this has taken. :agrue: