Share This Page:

lower back pains

"The Team Works" Discussions about the Royal Navy.
Richy_Boy

lower back pains

Post by Richy_Boy »

The morning after i have been out for a long run i have bad back pains in the lower back. I do all my stretches before the run but it still seem to hurt.

Has anyone got any ways of getting around this?

Thanks

Post by Guest »

Sit on the edge of your bed, and slowly bend forward from the hips.
Relax yourself and drop slowly til your head is between your knees.
usually does the trick for me
All it is usually is that your back muscles are pumped up and its something to do with them being linked in with your abs and being pulled a bit in a different direction......apparently :wink:
Richy_Boy

Post by Richy_Boy »

thanks mate, ill try that.
El Prez

Post by El Prez »

thanks mate
Richy, he's a she, honest.
You should talk to somebody who gives a f**k.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v77/Robiz/movie_star_wars_yoda.gif[/img]
El Presidente
snyder

Post by snyder »

A couple other bad back exercises in case that one doesn't work. One is to lie flat on your back and draw one leg up to your chest and keep it there for five or 10 seconds. Lower that leg and go to the other leg and do the same. Go back and forth maybe five or six times for each leg.

Another one is to lie flat on back and take one leg and bend it sideways with the heel extending outward. Slowly lower your knee as far as you can. Then do it with the other leg. Repeat several times. Both of these exercises stretch the muscles. They really help before you run, but they'll also help afterwards.
[i]To think of the future and wait was merely another way of saying one was a coward; any idea of moderation was just another attempt to disguise one's unmanly character; ability to understand the question from all sides meant that one was totally unfitted for action; fanatical enthusiasm was the mark of a real man -- Thucydides[/i]
Richy_Boy

Post by Richy_Boy »

thanks snyder.

sorry cliodna

Post by Guest »

No need to apologise Richy,
I don't take offence.
Prez gets more hung up on me being mistaken for a bloke than I do. :lol: :lol:
Must be that streak of olde worlde chivalry that runs through him :wink: :lol:

Hows the back doing???
Richy_Boy

Post by Richy_Boy »

The back is much better today, all those techniques are good so i am about to go out for a run and hopefully it wont hurt later today.

Sorry again, i really didnt know or think to check.
El Prez

Post by El Prez »

Richy, running with a back injury is a no-no. How about trying a medium paced walk, until warmed up, start increasing speed and use of your arms to rotate the torso, until everything loosens up. Better to do it slowly and improve, rather than push yourself into a worse injury.
You should talk to somebody who gives a f**k.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v77/Robiz/movie_star_wars_yoda.gif[/img]
El Presidente
snyder

Post by snyder »

Richy, listen to El Prez on that one. He's right. It won't kill you to lay off the running for a week or so. You can't be too careful with your back. Take it from someone who's been there.
[i]To think of the future and wait was merely another way of saying one was a coward; any idea of moderation was just another attempt to disguise one's unmanly character; ability to understand the question from all sides meant that one was totally unfitted for action; fanatical enthusiasm was the mark of a real man -- Thucydides[/i]
Richy_Boy

Post by Richy_Boy »

I went for my run and i had no problems, but if i do have any more problems i will wait a week before i start again.
Tab

Post by Tab »

You could be pregnant, best check with your boy friend that he had his socks on.

:drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking:
jay999

Post by jay999 »

yea you wanna be careful i mean if you do sit ups you always wanna do dorsal raises(i think thats what they are called) other wise your muscles become unbalanced or something which may be why you are havin pain runnin. im no expert tho :lol:
jay999

Post by jay999 »

if you still experience pain try the clear blue test!!!!!!! :P
Richy_Boy

Post by Richy_Boy »

lol, thanks people, i have had no trouble recently so i guess it is ok now.