Share This Page:

Stan Brewin-Perhaps 2 Para? 1947-1950ish

Rekindle old friendships, reunite with lost & found.
Jumper-Brewin

Stan Brewin-Perhaps 2 Para? 1947-1950ish

Post by Jumper-Brewin »

Hiya Airborne Brothers:-)

Jim Brewin here ex 3 Para from 1970-1976.
I am seeking help, guidance and suggestion as to how to find out my Step Dads service # Unit and connect to any who served at the same time or actually knew him as a miricle:-)

George Stanley Brewin B: 1929 in Quorn, Leicestershire was conscripted into the Army and choose to join the Paras. He would have been 18 in 1947 so then eligable to serve so I think he was in the Regt from abt 1947-8 to 1950ish.. Dad, Stan died 30 years ago this 12 December and was a great father and I wish to honour his memory further by getting to know his army records and sharing with the family through our family tree. We believe he was in 2 Para?

I followed him into the Paras to honour him and hopefully made him proud..

Take care All

Punchy Brewin.
Tab

Post by Tab »

Check with the Airborne site, there is a way if you have his details where you can get his Para record for a smallish fee.
Jumper-Brewin

Cheers Tab

Post by Jumper-Brewin »

I have looked at the Parachute Regimental Association site and sent messages, have contacted Glasgow Army records office and been on the Parachute Regts site (It is being rebuilt)
Seems to only way to get the info is through Army records but with his death certificate, birth certificate, marriage and service # and Unit may be a fools errand..

I will keep searching, if anyone else has sugegstions please wade in as all welcome..

Cheers Jumper-Brewin