Share This Page:

My ex is exaggerating his service

General Military Chat. New to the forums? Introduce yourself, Who are you and where are you from?
PurplePixie

My ex is exaggerating his service

Post by PurplePixie »

Hello

I am hoping that someone may be able to help or point me in the right direction.

My ex started his RAF training at Swinderby late 1989 but did not complete it his basic training.

He is now posting on various places online about his long service history, his combat situations and his resulting ptsd from killing so many people. He even receives disability benefit for combat ptsd (or at least says he does).

As he does this online, people believe him.

I would love to out him as the fake that he is but can't as you can't prove how long someone served for.

What I would like to do is find at least one person who trained with him who can verify that he has never fought a battle or can have combat ptsd.

His name is Laurence (or Laurie) Davey. He came from Bideford, Devon and went to Swinderby, Lincoln in late 1989.

Many thanks
Tab

Re: My ex is exaggerating his service

Post by Tab »

What was going to be his trade in the RAF ?????
Even the RAF Regiment are mainly there to protect the RAF Station but this role was changed a lot during the Afghanistan conflict.
You can obtain his military record for a small fee from RAF Cranwell which will tell you just where he served and what he did and what medals he is entitled to and in conflict zones he served in