Share This Page:

Transfer from Army

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
nightmare80

Transfer from Army

Post by nightmare80 »

Morning all,
Does anyone know the procedure for a transfer to Royal from the regular Army? I'm in Royal Artillery, (but not a complete REMF, I've worked on Fire Support Teams my whole career) and I've served just under 9 years. I'm currently out on Herrick 19, but due to go home next month, from where I'm moving over to 29 cdo to do the All Arms course and (hopefully) earn my green lid. Once I have the lid, how easy is it to transfer? I'm a full screw now, If I try to get myself on to Brecon before transferring, could I keep the rank? Or maybe drop down to LCpl and catch up on courses etc? Any advice would be useful, but please don't tell me to call the recruitment team.. I'll do that when I get back, out here I have better ways to spend my 30 paradigm minutes.
I have a fair amount of experience, this being my 4th Op tour. I'm thinking of trying to go for Mortar Platoon, as I have experience in mortar fire control on previous tours, although of course I'd have a lot to learn, and wouldn't expect any experienced Marine to take my rank seriously for a while until I've done a bit of time with them.