Share This Page:

Paras with no chutes

Discussions about those units who make up The Parachute Regiment.
Jnr

Paras with no chutes

Post by Jnr »

so at the age of 25 i decided its time to stop f@#k arseing around and am in the process of joining the paras, a few days later i see this

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -jump.html

to say im pisssed about it wouldn't even begin to describe it, but its not gonna stop me applying, just abit curious of how we can say we've earned our wings now
The Paras or bust.......
charnock1990

Re: Paras with no chutes

Post by charnock1990 »

Apparently not true
Jnr

Post by Jnr »

i only hope that you're right, as im sure alot of people that are psychically capable dont try out for the paras because they cant bring themselves to jump out of the plane into the unknown and thats one of the many reason why i'm joining, it sorts the men from the boys so to speak
The Paras or bust.......
charnock1990

Post by charnock1990 »

Have a look on the parachute regiment Facebook page. There is a big post about it. I don't know what to believe.
Jnr

Post by Jnr »

im just off out to go see the careers officer now but i will have a look when i get back, but i'd trust there page over the newspaper articles any day, especially the daily mail lol

[edit] id definitely believe the fb page over the mail, glad you pointed that out to me because i was about to go into crusade mode to get signatures for the petition to make the government change it. already got 5 from 6 emails and was thinking of hitting the streets and mailing all of the regimental associations about it aswell as bugging everybody on fb
The Paras or bust.......
charnock1990

Post by charnock1990 »

How far are you with your application? I'm in the process of reapplying. I got medicaly discharged 18 months ago
Jnr

Post by Jnr »

not very far atm. I went to my local job center last Thursday and they told me that the careers officer goes to the local connexions office every Wednesday afternoon, so i went there today and they informed me the careers officer that was at that office is now in Afghanistan. They supplied me with a number for a Cambridge based office and told me to ask for a sgt mansfield, so i called to be told she wasn't available and the office no longer accept recruits through them. I spoke to them about my eligibility,because i have 1 unspent conviction and it was preventing me from applying online, i explained the offence, they asked about the sentence and then they just told me to apply online :lol: tried calling the para reg recruiting line a few times today but kept getting an answerphone so im going to try again in the morning. All in all i feel like every time i say paras to someone they throw another layer of f@#k into the mix to see if im serious lol but its all part of the fun and i will get there eventually.

if you dont mind me asking what did you injure to get discharged?
The Paras or bust.......
charnock1990

Post by charnock1990 »

Check you pm
Chrisbird91

Post by Chrisbird91 »

Does anyone know the outcome of this? I am in the process of joining and really hope they still do the jumps at brize norton.
Jnr

Post by Jnr »

happily yes, it was just some dailymail shite. check tabs post on this link

http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/ ... =1&t=42538
The Paras or bust.......
Chrisbird91

Post by Chrisbird91 »

That's a big relief. When you planning on joining or how far are you into the process?
Jnr

Post by Jnr »

got my eligibility concerns out of the way and atm i'm just building my fitness up. focusing on stamina and endurance as i managed to rip the muscle in between the thumb and index finger quite badly during a sparring session with 1 of my mates, a 18 stone beast. i'm only 12.5 st and he picked up a pair of pad gloves so i thought i'd do the same and we both did our hands in. i did it about a month ago but ignored it and continued training the upper body and managed to make it worse. so ive got a feeling thats put me back from applying by atleast 3-4 months depending on what the physio says, but if nothing else it means i can just concentrate on getting my running legs back and doing some hill training for para10. how far along have you got?
The Paras or bust.......
Chrisbird91

Post by Chrisbird91 »

Yhh get your injury sorted first, cardio is the main aspect anyway I used to concentrate more on strength training but now sway more to cardio. I had my interview 3 a couple of days ago and I'm hoping to go on ADSC this month or next. I've been told it could be as quick as a few months until I start training. So eager to start now!
Jnr

Post by Jnr »

really that quick? i thought it took somewhere from 4-6 months but good on ya and good luck
The Paras or bust.......
Chrisbird91

Post by Chrisbird91 »

Well I've been waiting well over a year to get to this point so it's about time i had some luck! Cheers.