Share This Page:

TA medical question.

General discussions on joining & training in the Territorial Army.
Stevelockyer

TA medical question.

Post by Stevelockyer »

Hi , I have enlisted to join the TA and have just got to the early stage of doing my medical forms.

My question is I am 100% healthy and fit for my age. The only flaw that may show up was I had a very complicated time last year and led my self into depression and took a over dose. Stupid I know but being in the situation I was in really messed my head up.

I got counselling and all is good now and living a (normal) life. I know the army has to be struck for obvious reasons but I noticed it was on the medical forms. No doubt my gp will put my history of this down but will in affect my entry into the TA. I'd rather know now than later.

Thanks
Hielan' Laddie

Re: TA medical question.

Post by Hielan' Laddie »

Stevelockyer wrote:Hi , I have enlisted to join the TA and have just got to the early stage of doing my medical forms.

My question is I am 100% healthy and fit for my age. The only flaw that may show up was I had a very complicated time last year and led my self into depression and took a over dose. Stupid I know but being in the situation I was in really messed my head up.

I got counselling and all is good now and living a (normal) life. I know the army has to be struck for obvious reasons but I noticed it was on the medical forms. No doubt my gp will put my history of this down but will in affect my entry into the TA. I'd rather know now than later.

Thanks
Everyone has bad patches mate. I'm glad you've decided to do something positive and I'm sure the TA will look at it the same way. After all, joining up is a big commitment and takes dedication. To me that shows you've gathered yourself out of the dip and are back on track.

Good luck!
Tab

Re: TA medical question.

Post by Tab »

As the TA can be sent out on active service the army will look very closely at you.