Share This Page:

The Laughing Soldier – putting a smile on our troops' faces

General discussions on helping the wounded (our soldiers) and other charitable work and events.
Casematepub

The Laughing Soldier – putting a smile on our troops' faces

Post by Casematepub »

Dear All,

Just wanted to let you know that new charity jokebook The Laughing Soldier has now been published by military history publishers Casemate and was created and compiled by Project 65 – The Veterans Charity.

http://www.casematepublishing.co.uk/tit ... 1612000381

500 FREE copies are being sent to troops in Afghanistan and the book is available in all good bookshops with a donation going to the charity from the sale of every book.

With forewords from Al Murray and Mark Ormrod, The Laughing Soldier is a collection of jokes, along with messages of support for our brave and heroic troops, sent in by people all over the world. Contributors include serving personnel, veterans and their families, the general public and famous celebrities such as Alan Titchmarsh, comedians such as Milton Jones, MPs, including George Osborne, all inspired by the Armed Forces’ strength and capacity for finding humour in the toughest of situations.

"I welcome this initiative and believe that the idea of a book of jokes - The Laughing Soldier - is inspired! I send you my very best wishes for the success of this venture." Rt. Hon. David Cameron MP - Prime Minister