Share This Page:

Wooton Basset

Interested or active in politics, discuss here.
MSI64

Post by MSI64 »

Dinosaurs Yep Im one of those too mate
Courage which goes against military expediency is stupidity, or, if it is insisted upon by a commander, irresponsibility."

"So long as one isn't carrying one's head under one's arm, things aren't too bad."

Erwin Rommel (Desert Fox)
English Rose

Post by English Rose »

xxxx
Last edited by English Rose on Tue 08 Jan, 2013 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Waiting for my rocket to come.
MSI64

Post by MSI64 »

It was still happening before the cameras went there, Maybe the publicity just swelled the numbers.
I refuse to believe the majority of people go there to get on the TV.
You must think people are incredibly shallow?
Courage which goes against military expediency is stupidity, or, if it is insisted upon by a commander, irresponsibility."

"So long as one isn't carrying one's head under one's arm, things aren't too bad."

English Rose

Post by English Rose »

MSI64 wrote:It was still happening before the cameras went there, Maybe the publicity just swelled the numbers.
I refuse to believe the majority of people go there to get on the TV.
You must think people are incredibly shallow?
People are incredibly shallow. Yes, for those first people who went out and paid their respects, fair play to them. Those who suddenly started descending on Wootten Bassett once it was oh so publicised, you think they were there for genuine reasons?
MSI64

Post by MSI64 »

Yes I do, its called paying respects, surely you as an army wife should understand that!

got1

Post by got1 »

I can't go to Wootan Basset as it's to far.
I have gone to Alloa, East Kilbride, and on Tuesday i'm off to Glasgow to say farewell to another member of 1 Para.
I have seen good turn out's of ex members and local civve's and not a camera in sight.
I go there to pay my respects, not to get on the bloody tele.
English Rose

Post by English Rose »

MSI64 wrote:Yes I do, its called paying respects, surely you as an army wife should understand that!
Maybe I've seen too many 'attach myself to the trauma, I was there, I saw it, I met his wife once in a bar three years ago' people in recent times than I can be bothered with.
rikkles22

Post by rikkles22 »

I saw a brief update on Sky News that the disrespectful scrouges have decided to cancel their self-serving, attention-seeking show. Peace not be upon them.
Musician in the Army :)

[url]http://www.rikkle.co.uk/blog[/url]
MP

Post by MP »

:o