Share This Page:

PARA Parachute Regiment Recruit Fitness Programme

All Parachute Regiment related articles, frequently asked questions and other useful information in here.
rabby

Post by rabby »

Really!? I never knew that, there you go, you learn something new everyday, I've learned twice as much today as I ever did in school! :D
There are 3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.
mike_B

Post by mike_B »

To refer back to an earlier question on this thread: With regard to the pressups and situps - do they stop you once reach 70? Is 70 the minimum or do i need to be able to bang out 80 or 90?

As someone else pointed out earlier, i find it far more useful to know the exact requirements, its much better for motivation. Thanks for any advice.

Mike

Post by Guest »

The minimum is 70 for each, but they wont stop you if you can do more in the time.
Sig657

Post by Sig657 »

do i really need 2 be able 2 do all this to get in ? or is it 1ce im in i gotta do 70 pressups in 2 mins... and is this soldier entry or senior?.

im 17 and going hell for leather at the fitness stuff, i can run mile and a half in 8:30 witch is great but all this press up bollocks.. is it what i need to pass the PRAC to GET IN?

the other thing is im 6"2 1/2 is it true if ure 6"3 u cant join?

Post by Guest »

Dunno about the height thing, should be alright as long as you can fit out of the door in the plane!!

The 70 pushups/situps thing is the BPFA, Basic Provisional Fitness Assesment not anything else i would suggest. p.s. it is the easiest test you are gonna get!

good luck 8)
McNamee

Post by McNamee »

Can someone show me where I can find the p-company fitness programme? Or is that it at the start of this thread?
El Prez

Post by El Prez »

It's at the front plus some corrections over the next two pages. Good luck with the training.
You should talk to somebody who gives a f**k.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v77/Robiz/movie_star_wars_yoda.gif[/img]
El Presidente
the skeavster

easy fitness regime

Post by the skeavster »

All this 100 mile run stuff (or whatever u superfit people do and call easy) is all well and good, but what about the people (like me) who can't run for half an hour yet? Of course we all have to start somewhere, and i can currently run for 15 minutes without stopping (not exactly challenging i know). Does anyone have any times to improve this time? I read somewhere that you should go as far as you can go then walk for a minute, then run your best again, is this true, and if so, how many sets of 15 minutes should i be doing without over training?

Cheers

Skeav
that's your favourite!
the skeavster

Post by the skeavster »

i meant tips for improving this time :wink:
that's your favourite!
Cinder

Post by Cinder »

you should buy a book called Fighting Fit by Adrian Weale.. It has lots of training programmes, including one tailored for the parachute regiment. It will only cost you £5 max. It is very good and the training is progressive, it includes sprint training, fartleks, bergan training and tabbing.. well worth the money.

It is sprint training/fartleks you need to do, this will increase your time. But you really need to do 3 x 20mins minimum a week of solid cardiovascular work (running, hard cycling, swimming, cross trainer etc) to increase your endurance.

Good luck!

Cinder
the skeavster

Post by the skeavster »

Cheers Cinder
that's your favourite!
Boxingmad

Post by Boxingmad »

theparamancan wrote:Im a TA Para and this is the scedule we follow once we are actually in. Our training normally takes 16 weeks before we go to combat infantry course and P-Company :roll:

The scedule on the offical website only prepares you for the PRAC or parachute regiment aptitude course
Is that once you appear on your first night of your cadre? I'm joining 4 Para in Sept.
theparamancan

Post by theparamancan »

Yep, fraid so.
When Evil Strives To Overcome Good
And Firepower is Greater Than The Spoken Word.................................................

.....Then Death Rides A Winged Horse
Boxingmad

Post by Boxingmad »

That's cool. I did a BFT and it was 13 1/2 mins. Obviously loads of room for improvement. That training schedule looks like a good build-up.

Incidently, on the 1st night, will they give us a BFT. It's just that I don't wanna look like some fool coming in with the worst time, that's all.
theparamancan

Post by theparamancan »

You'll do a BFT on weekend 1 or two.

I don't mean to be offensive but 13.5 mins is very slow, you might want to miss this cadre and train like a madman and start on the next cadre in april.

I ran my 1st in 10:45 when I was a recruit and this was considered pretty bad.
When Evil Strives To Overcome Good
And Firepower is Greater Than The Spoken Word.................................................

.....Then Death Rides A Winged Horse