Share This Page:

Is there a maximum limit on time to dedicate

Discussions about the Territorial Army.
gt1980

Is there a maximum limit on time to dedicate

Post by gt1980 »

Basically here goes.

I'm considering applying to the TA unit down the road from me which is a Royal engineers unit or applying to the one in birmingham, my question are you able to dedicate loads of time to the TA and pretty much do it full time give or take a few hours or is it strictly one evening p/w and every weekend. The reason I ask this is I've just been laid off work and given the economic crisis there ain't much in the line of jobs at the moment, you may ask why don't you just join the regs? I would if i could but i can't, due to financial commitments and a wife.

Sorry if this is a stupid question but much rather find out on here than look a prat down at the unit.

Thanks
mr_man_2168

Post by mr_man_2168 »

From what I gather from mates in the TA, it very much depends on what they need doing and what skills you have to offer already.
Why not ask down at your unit? At least you'll seem keen when you tell them you want to devote as much time as possible! Sounds like a perfectly valid question to me.
gt1980

Post by gt1980 »

mr_man_2168 wrote:From what I gather from mates in the TA, it very much depends on what they need doing and what skills you have to offer already.
Why not ask down at your unit? At least you'll seem keen when you tell them you want to devote as much time as possible! Sounds like a perfectly valid question to me.
Cheers mate, I shall ask the question then and post the reply when i find out