Share This Page:

RMR overall pay

Discussions about the Royal Marines Reserve.
tomcw

RMR overall pay

Post by tomcw »

Firstly please don't assume i'm only interested in money i just wanted to ask some of you who have experience a question reqrding reserves pay.

After (or even during) training for the RMR. Do you find that the pay can be decent ?? ie if you do some ops abroad and regular training?

I'm aware of the daily rates etc but just wanted someones overview.

cheers
davo141

Post by davo141 »

if you do a six month tour you'll pick up as much as a regular on a 6 month tour surely?? including ops bonus and LSA.
Forward Troop - CLRRM, Viking Operator and Maintainer. Viking Support Troop out in The Ghan.
tomcw

Post by tomcw »

without meaning to pry can you let me know how much that might be ??

also do RMR do shorter tours at all ???
davo141

Post by davo141 »

the daily rate of pay depends on your increment level (job, timed served etc). I believe the Tax free op bonus is £12 a day for everyday (works out at £2200ish? and LSA depends on how many days youve done on tour or on ship etc in your career, starting at £4 per day and going up to £20ish with increments along the way.
Forward Troop - CLRRM, Viking Operator and Maintainer. Viking Support Troop out in The Ghan.
tomcw

Post by tomcw »

thanks for that info mate, so if a reserve did a month tour the pay can be ok.
barrybudden

Post by barrybudden »

tomcw wrote:thanks for that info mate, so if a reserve did a month tour the pay can be ok.
I think the minimun you can go away for is 3 months, usually 6 but you will need to add in the pre tour training and then the leave at the end as well. A 6 month tour would work out at around 1 year off work.