Share This Page:

BBC Paras Series – “Where are they now?”

General Military Chat. New to the forums? Introduce yourself, Who are you and where are you from?
Si Capon

Post by Si Capon »

I`m sort of in touch with one of them 3rd hand. He`s still in and serving. A WOII I believe!
Once....................... Always...tup, three
dannyd

Post by dannyd »

The Paras series was quality. The best bit has got to be when the recruits were doing a tab, the Platoon Sgt is running alongside one of them and encouraging him. The recruit is then overtaken by another recruit. At this the Sgt explodes "You're getting beaten by a Jock! A Jock! We built a wall to keep them out!". Pure gold.

I look forward to this forthcoming series, should be interesting. :wink:
harry hackedoff

Post by harry hackedoff »

In a similar vein, the All Arms P-Coy was ver informative :P
"Psychotic Stripeys with no sense of humour deal with professional hobby-badge collectors in an unpleasant manner" would `ve been a better title.
I have it on vid, back to back with the RM Young Officers cse. I`m not slagging the Para off because they do a damn fine job(apparently 8) ) but these two programmes demonstrated more than anything else I’ve ever seen on tv the totally different approach between the two of Us.

Everything with the Para is shit or bust, nut and sledgehammer. Which is fine. They may one day have to go to work out of the side door of a Herk. 8)

Not for nowt is Royal called the Thinking Man’s infantry(not by ourselves mind :roll: ) The likes of Mick Eccles and Bungy Williams turning young lads from(mostly) Public Skools into Royal Marine troop officers, with the right mix of humour and ridicule, respect and contempt, encouraging them all the time etc. I`d like to see a "Where Are They Now" about those lads. Not forgetting the young lad from the BDF who was hypothermic on Dartmoor, shame he was not able to continue training. It wasn`t his fault that there are racial differences in how humans react to temperature extremes and whatever the PC dreamers may wish, black guys do not like cold climes. Since the lad was never going on to serve in the Corps and therefore Norway, I thought they should`ve cut him a bit more slack in this regard.
[url=http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/groupcp.php?g=397][img]http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/images/usergroups/listener.gif[/img][/url]
Hostage_Negotiator

Post by Hostage_Negotiator »

harry hackedoff wrote:I thought they should`ve cut him a bit more slack in this regard.
:o
OK who's kidnapped Bert's puter and what have you done with the cantankerous old Fecker?
He might be a pain but he's our pain and we want him back!! :evil:

On second thoughts! Fark it we will not negotiate with terrorists, you can farkin keep him! :lol:
"When you men get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a pussy."
harry hackedoff

Post by harry hackedoff »

Oi! You :o
What`s this "we" bollox :-?
And"old" :-?
My office, NOW :evil:
[url=http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/groupcp.php?g=397][img]http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/images/usergroups/listener.gif[/img][/url]
Hostage_Negotiator

Sorry mate I meant to say "addled" not "old" :lol:
Did Mrs HH pay the ransom then?
or where they glad to give you back! :lol: :lol:
"When you men get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a pussy."
rambo19

Post by rambo19 »

I was in the cadets(Royal Anglian reg)when this seris came out. It was the nut's!!, we went to cadet's one day and ask for 'crap hat's', our sgt, bullshit brown as he was known gave us a right bollocking and said the correct term was "hat,camoflage", I will remember that as long as I live.

MInd you he always had kit to sell and I bought my first set of 58 of him, ahh memories.

Ready for anything.
Greenronnie

Post by Greenronnie »

If anyone's still interested in this, one of the guys from 480 Pl ended up in the PF for a stint after being binned from Hereford. He went back there after a while, then got binned again! Civpop now.

Also one of the guys was my Section Comd in Depot, sound bloke but not a good idea to get on the wrong side of him.

One of the full screws was also my Pl Sgt for a bit, he tended to hand out digs rather than charging people, which was preferable all round really.

Ref the earlier H RSM debate, it is an ex 2 Para bloke who wasn't in this prog (but was in another TV prog a few years later...).
Doc

Post by Doc »

Yeh cheers Ronnie :sleeping: Stop speaking out of your arse when in such esteemed presence as Rambo, hes called someone a hat, been to cadets and bought some '58 pat webbing.

PF/Hereford indeed! :roll: tut how boring....................give me them hard lads of the Anglian Cadets anyday! :o (nowt to do with fishing is it??..Anglian?)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rambo your a tool.
Doc

Post by Doc »

give me them hard lads of the Anglian Cadets anyday
suppose theres little chance people can read that the way it was intended and not make a gay joke out of it? :lol:
Greenronnie

Post by Greenronnie »

Doc wrote:
give me them hard lads of the Anglian Cadets anyday
suppose theres little chance people can read that the way it was intended and not make a gay joke out of it? :lol:
Bugger! (!!?) You beat me to it! No, not the TA centre! :lol:
Doc

Post by Doc »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hostage_Negotiator

Farkin ell fellas I leave you you alone for 5 minutes and you open the floodgates and let all the SF Cadet Force in!!!!

Who's this "Rambo19IQ" prong anyway and why hasn't he been brassed up yet by the old and bold?
Doc

Post by Doc »

Give us time Yoda, we are working on it, oh and less of the old.....and the bold..... in my case thank you!

(do you know what? Ive written about 4 different lines in this post and all have them have a gay overture to them.....Im worried, off to kill a small animal, make something out of wood and drink beer! :evil: Grrrrrrrrrr)
Doc

Post by Doc »

Just popped back from hunting, to change my pink slippers :o