Share This Page:

Outsourcing the government

Interested or active in politics, discuss here.
Whitey

Post by Whitey »

Holy shit Wholley the devil worshiping senate deep six'd the gun ban altogether! Does this mean we might be getting freedom back? I'm about to be proud to be an American again.

I was bringing up the dog because America is a chaotic mess right now. Queers wanting to marry, every news outlet freaking out about a Mel Gibson Movie, and veterans backing the president who didn't serve in Vietnam over a man that did. I don't see why Vietnam is a big deal, it wasn't when Willy was king, and my dad fought there, he didn't get any great enlightenment out of it, just painful memories and a bitterness just below the surface. I was a damn good medic, but I couldn't balance a budget, compromise with homo's or enforce "Soulcial Justice" to save my life. So I figure military service doesn't matter in politics. Most soldiers are qualified for only construction upon leaving anyway.

Who knows what the next 10 years will bring. Maybe an alien on Mars will turn up soon and dry hump the Mars explorer?
Let them call me a rebel and I welcome it, I feel no concern from it; but I should suffer the misery of demons were I to make a whore of my soul. (Thomas Paine)

Post by Guest »

Whitey wrote:
I don't see why Vietnam is a big deal, it wasn't when Willy was king
who`s that then Whitey, Willy Wonka?

Whitey wrote:Most soldiers are qualified for only construction upon leaving anyway.
And most are qualified in Demolition whilst serving. :o
Frank S.

Post by Frank S. »

Whitey wrote:Holy shit Wholley the devil worshiping senate deep six'd the gun ban altogether! Does this mean we might be getting freedom back? I'm about to be proud to be an American again.
I'm not sure we read the same reports.
The bill which was 'killed' would have protected gun manufacturers from lawsuits filed by shooting victim(s)' families and cities (such as Chicago and New York, and another 23 cities).
The reason it was killed, at the urging of sen. Larry Craig (R - Idaho) and the NRA who authored it, was that three amendments had been added to that bill:
1 - allowing off-duty and retired cops to carry concealed weapons across state lines. I think that was HR218 in a previous incarnation, and it was vehemently opposed by, you guessed it, Ted "Macy's Float" Kennedy.
2 - closing the loophole which allows individuals to purchase firearms at gun shows without background check.
3 - an extension of the ban on assault weapons sales and distribution.

The second and third amendments appear to be the ones which prompted the bill's authors to kill it.
President Bush supports the 3rd amendment in particular, it bears remembering. And so does John McCain.
Everybody, except Kennedy, agreed on the first, and it was hoped by some that the other two would ride on the bill's coattails nearly unnoticed.

Gun rights (so-called) are still very much under siege.
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

Frank,
I think Whitey's point is that the entire bill was defeated.
The stupid Clinton"Assault Weapon"ban will now sunset,as it should.
Most states have already passed laws to stop liberal gun grabbers from suing gun makers,so it is a victory of sorts.
I notice that none of the dem's are running on the gun control issue this time around,they seem to have learned a lesson from the Gore campaign.
Remember Barbara Boxers comment about"Assault Weapons"?
"I would ban them because their so ugly"Errrrm....What?
Wholley.
:o
Frank S.

Post by Frank S. »

wholley wrote:The stupid Clinton"Assault Weapon"ban will now sunset,as it should.
I still don't think it will. For one thing, Bush supports it, as well as McCain. It may not have been extended this time, but it probably will soon, and on the sly. It's just one of those concessions Bush does not care about making in order to grab votes.
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

Frank.
The original Clinton bill is dead.
It will not come up again in this election cycle as the Dem's know it's poison for them in the South.The Liberal states are starting to lose power as more people are retiring into the Bible Belt states in the South.
The only way the slimy git got it passed in the first place was agreeing to the sunset rule.So he got his way and made himself look good before his fellow democrats.It's my opinion that the yankee states have had it their own way for far to long and times they are a changing.
(I'm starting to sound like White Man)
Wholley.
Frank S.

Post by Frank S. »

wholley wrote: It will not come up again in this election cycle as the Dem's know it's poison for them in the South.The Liberal states are starting to lose power as more people are retiring into the Bible Belt states in the South.
That's a bet I won't take. :wink:
Fact is, they have until September. As to the liberal States, they are maybe losing voters as some retire elsewhere, but that's a marginal disadvantage: they are also the States paying the most in taxes and still wield a lot of power that way.
I'm with you on the issue in general terms, it's just the resolution of it I'm not quite so certain about.
Whitey

Post by Whitey »

I tell you victory is at hand, could they reinstate the tyranical illegal law? Sure, but it would cost them their seats in the next elections. The law was unpopular anyway. If the republicans want my vote they best leave the gun laws alone. Old bitch face old family red Diane Frankenstein looked like a homosexual being told she couldn't get married. Yeah hopefully the Zionist control of my country is on the way down and we can finally get back to just being Americans again. I hope they all rush to the EU and screw them up, would be good for us in more ways than one. Oh it is a fact btw that all the speech code,gun grabbing legislation is carried into the senate by those who don't celebrate Christmas or Ramadon. Stiens, Bergs and their ilk. Washington told them in 1778, cast your shadow under your own tree. I guess he saw it coming.
Victory!!!!!!!!!
Let them call me a rebel and I welcome it, I feel no concern from it; but I should suffer the misery of demons were I to make a whore of my soul. (Thomas Paine)