Share This Page:

U.S. Democratic Canidate?

Interested or active in politics, discuss here.
Sisyphus

Post by Sisyphus »

Whitey wrote:Why another man feels the need to control others is something I'll never understand.
It's early days for me to get a grip of yet but, funnily enough, the war was fought by Republicans [communists and anarchists] to prevent precisely that. It was a struggle against fascism which is why so many people from all over joined the International Brigade. I never realized how badly treated Spanish working people, labourers, etc. were by the privileged few.

It's something of a surprise when you consider that Franco only died in 1975 and democracy was restored to, or arrived for the first time, in Spain. The idea of a 'modern' country being ruled by a dictator seems odd to most people - but that was Spain less than 30 years ago.
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

Well,
Kerry,Clark or Edwards.
What a choice.
I think we are looking at four more years of Bush.
I considered Al Sharpton,at least he has a sense of humor, even if he is a race baiter.
Wholley.
:o
Ploggers

Post by Ploggers »

exvmremf wrote:Can't say I understand US politics.
It seems to me the gadgy with the biggest wad usually gets to be 'it'.
There you go then, the voice of reason. Seems a reasonable statement Tel.
Whitey

Post by Whitey »

I was treated like crap by a doctor I once worked for, I wasn't ready to demand social justice. I decided to leave the job and well took a long path to get to school.
Let them call me a rebel and I welcome it, I feel no concern from it; but I should suffer the misery of demons were I to make a whore of my soul. (Thomas Paine)
Whitey

Post by Whitey »

Wholley,
Looks like Pax Amerika de facto is about all done doesn't it? Them yankees tried doing to the world what they did to the south and voila Backfire! It will be a few years, perhaps a decade, but our empire will shrink. I'm going to get some land and call it a day, laugh when the city savages eat each other. Wonder how affirmative discrimination will work in an America that will be running on a tight budget?
Let them call me a rebel and I welcome it, I feel no concern from it; but I should suffer the misery of demons were I to make a whore of my soul. (Thomas Paine)
Sisyphus

Post by Sisyphus »

So what's the difference between Democrats and Republicans? Democrats say one thing ('Save the planet') and then do another - quietly holding hands with the b*****ds who make this world a meaner place.

Republicans just give the b******ds an office in the West Wing.

[And, no, you didn't hear it here first! :-?]
Whitey

Post by Whitey »

Both parties are a trap, they want to turn us into a Social Democracy. Thing is we will resist, and they will pay for their new world short order.
I have no interest in living in an America full of men who behave like Chandler off of Friends.
Marina

Post by Marina »

Hello everyone,

I am feeling much better and have managed to have gotten rid of the bugs for now, thanks. :D
I missed a lot of discussion, just catching up now. Frank, what you said about the state of American politics now: tue) is so true and I agree with you 100%.

I’ve been watching a bit of CNN ( I know you guys probably don’t think much of that news channel, but it gives me an idea who’s doing what etc in the election campaign). I don’t know why but John Kerry didn’t impress me much, he’s just won in Missouri. On our BBC Newsnight a couple of days ago), they said that Kerry won because people are fed up with Bush at the moment, but when it comes to the main election, Kerry will probably lose, Kerry’s persona doesn’t really connect with the average US voter and he will need to change his public image if he is going to stand a chance.

The North Carolina chap (forgot his name), I wasn’t sure about him but somehow Wesley Clark seemed more reasonable, sincere and impressive. With Al Sharpton, although I think he’s dodgy and is quite an eccentric personality, raises important social issues and does brings a sense of humour to the campaign. (I know you guys think that all politicians are bad), I’m just choosing the ‘least bad one’ at the moment, if you get my drift.

You are right, its going to be very hard to beat Bush Jnr, he’s a lucky man.

About the ethnic minority voters in the US, its very interesting. I would have thought the Chinese group would tend to vote republican (Nixon’s establishing good ties with China etc and the Democrats usually complaining about the state of affairs in Tibet etc). The ethnic minority lot I know across the pond; younger lot tend vote democrat (but some are very fed up with the party at the moment), the disillusioned middle age lot refused to vote and the oldies vote republican.

Whitey and Sisyphus,

You do have a point about the Republicans and Democrats - they are not to be trusted.
So who does one vote for then ?
One does not have a choice or does one choose the devil you know rather than the devil you don't know ?

P.S
Whitey, I stopped watching Friends years ago - its a load of tripe now !
I do like ER though for its fast paced action and social issues ! :D
What do you think of Law and Order, the Shield and CSI ? They very popular over here.
Whitey

Post by Whitey »

I'm telling folks to not vote. If low voter turn out occurs it sends a message that the people no longer give their consent to be governed by either and that if they continue to engage in foul endevours they might find themselves replaced.
Sisyphus

Post by Sisyphus »

Frank S. wrote: His amazingly thin victory in the 2000 race made him seem diabolical to many Democrats, who accused him of stealing the election.
I'm not sure it was only the Democrats who thought that. Gore received 539,898 votes more than Bush. Plus brother Jeb handed Bush Florida on a plate. Felons can't vote in Florida. So all black felons were removed from the electoral roles. But thousands of black voters who had never committed a crime in their lives were also removed, along with thousands of eligible voters who had committed only minor misdemeanours. How? Katherine Harris used Database - a strong Republican firm - to get rid of as many voters as possible. The company included people with 'similar' names to those of actual felons.; plus they checked people with the same birth dates as felons, or similar Social Security nos. - an 80% match was sufficient to add a voter to the ineligible list. etc........

As a result 173,000 voters were removed. IN Miami-Dade, Fl's largest county 66% of those removed were black. this is only important because 90% of black voters vote Democrat. US media ignored all this. It was only the BBC delving into what had gone on that revealed the scam and put it right at the door of Governor Jeb Bush.

I wonder why UN monitors weren't called in to verify the elections were 'free and fair'? :o
Marina

Post by Marina »

Exactly
Tony D

Post by Tony D »

Intresting link not sure if its real...

http://blugg.com/stuff/foxs_view_of_the_bbc_player.htm
Frank S.

Post by Frank S. »

Sisyphus, your points, as well as blackbox voting machines are the reasons why I think Bush cannot lose.
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

The US media certainly did not ignore it.
They did however,try to ignore the fact that Gore wanted absentee ballots
thrown out.He wanted over 200,000 ballots ignored because they were mostly sevicemen posted overseas and he knew how that would go.
I don't know where you got the numbers Sisyphus,but Bush did not in fact lose Florida.ABC news did their own recount after the Supreme Court fiasco and Gore still came out the loser.The fact is Bush did win the popular vote,although the media here will always try to mess with the results,along with the BBC.I'm no great supporter of Bush,but facts is facts,
He won.
Wholley.
:o
Whitey

Post by Whitey »

It was my understanding though that an election in America(The Republic) you needed 3/4ths majority to pass laws and win elections. 51% 49% isn't an election, it is social democracy with half the nation on one side the other half on the other trying to get their guy in office so they can loot the treasury. Piss on that 1 man 1 vote. We ought bring rules back to voting. Must read and write, be a tax payer, not on welfare and haven't filed bankruptcy. This would trim the looters down and then if an election turns out that close, re-argue the positions and re-vote. Hey Sisyphus I went to Wal-Mart and bought some crap, on a low interest credit card as well(I earn points and pay it off every month) and you know what, I think if I do that more often and watch reality TV I'd be a model American. I'm kidding. My Prof. called Thomas Jefferson T.J. today and said evil white men are the cause of the eaths problems and the constitution was a list of bad ideas. Last day of class is tomorrow. He can say what he wants I guess except when it comes to the Constitution. Bible and Constitution are beyond critisism. Yankee devil worshipers. These people ever convince me that there ain't no God or Constitution the world will be a, well guess.