Share This Page:

Blair's last week?

Interested or active in politics, discuss here.

Who will go?

Blair
15%
Hoon
60%
Another fall guy
10%
No one
15%

Total votes: 20

Post by Guest »

Spannerman wrote: I do not like B Liar after his '45 minutes warning', he was given that information by HIS Chiefs, if it was (apparently) wrong he ought to have apologised to the nation for this as he is the PRIME Minister and the buck stops with him.
I think he needs to do more than that for the families that have lost relatives, I don`t doubt the Iraqis had WMD`s, but i think they were either destroyed or shipped out a long time ago.
kwew

Post by kwew »

Bootneck you make a very good point. All this political wrangling should stop and concentrate on the real issues, like looking after widows etc
Finding/ arguing about WMD isnt going to make a bit of difference now, but theres still time to make a difference to the families.

Post by Guest »

Kwew, I`ll second that, but what will the gov`t do, the same as usual, jack Shyte
josephwells

Post by josephwells »

:(
Greg S

Post by Greg S »

Gah, now it looks like the future of Media freedom is at stake!!!! Also, how can this 'Lord Hutton whoever' come to such definate conclsions without any witness interviews!!!!

Smells like total BS to me, I'd say 85% of politicians are nothing but spineless backstabbing money grabbers who NO LONGER REPRESENT THE WILL OF THE PEOPLE.

Oh well, all fun and games....
Spannerman

Post by Spannerman »

:(

If you appoint your own referee you are about to get the right result, whether those decisions are regarded as fouls, offsides or penalties. To me it is like Genghis Khan investigating cruelty by the Waffen SS.

Post by Guest »

Spannerman wrote::(

To me it is like Genghis Khan investigating cruelty by the Waffen SS.
nice one Spanners. michael Howard wants an Independant Inquiry, that should have happened from day one. like you say, you appoint the ref, the result is bound to go your way. BLair and co should do the decent thing, and resign, but whatever happens, the families who have lost relatives, will always remember, that it was a pointless war, and that they will never see their loved ones again.

I think Blair was trying to do a "Maggie". thing is with Maggie, she liberated British soil, not going to war for,"OIL", and at the end of the day, thats all bush went in for, with his puppet, BLair.
another thing, Maggie had more Balls than this Joker ever will. :lol:
Sisyphus

Post by Sisyphus »

AdamR wrote:now we're seeing top-up fees (too many at uni as it is), Ah well, HOWARD FOR PM IN '05
Before the 'Report' no-one - Government, Opposition, Liberals, Media (inc. the BBC) - had a bad word to say about Hutton. Now the losers are all bleating and whingeing fit to bust. :o :o :o Howard 'accepts fully the conclusions' then goes on drivelling and snivelling about the report. Dyke accepts 'you can't pick the referee and have to accept his decision', then does anything but????????!!!!??

On top-up fees, I was at Uni doing my second degree in the early '90's. They were building accommodation blocks like there was no tomorrow. It was THE boom business. It was the Tories' way of reducing the unemployment figures. Then it evolved into universities accepting candidates who didn't even have two E grade A levels to keep up their 'per capita' funding. If top-up fees deter unsuitable students from following the herd and doing academic study they aren't up to, I'm all for it.

In London and environs plumbers are earning £100K. We need more tradesmen, not kids with degrees in 'cultural/media/business etc.. studies.

As for Howard: :( :o :(

After listening to the Hutton Summary and Blair's response I eagerly awaited a cutting respose from Howard. It would have been a superb opportunity to use as a springboard from which to launch the Tory bid to be the next Government. But what did we get? Weasel words that were dishonourable, deceitful and duplicitous. The man has no moral or political courage and, hence, no integrity.

No wonder he came last in the previous 'election' which IDS won. How on earth anyone could contemplate voting for him I have no idea. What a slimeball!! :evil:
Frank S.

Post by Frank S. »

Wasn't Hutton leading the Shayler inquiry a while ago? What were the reactions to the findings?
I know next to nothing on this...
Mr Grimsdale

Post by Mr Grimsdale »

Anyone see Rory Bremner rip into this subject last night on Channel 4?
Brilliant.
chunky from york

Post by chunky from york »

Spannerman,

The problem is, was this the information given by the Intelligence community? or was it changed by Alistair Campell to reinforce the Dear Leaders opinion?

I find it suspicious in the extreme that Alistair Campell quit before the report was published, did he expect a different result????????
Chunky from York

I may not be the man I was, but I was
Spannerman

Post by Spannerman »

:o

As the name implies I think that the Spin Doctor has put Blair in the SOUP, however it was Blair that made the statements and IMO it is he that should go, I note yesterday in front of the Commons Select Commitee that Blair is still believing in his own BS (Passionately too) whilst the Committee look on in astonishment

I think PMQ's at 12 Noon on BBC 2 today (Wed) could be interesting!
Sisyphus

Post by Sisyphus »

I see Howard wants the Independent Inquiry to be led by an 'independent, experienced person'. Wasn't that what he thought Hutton was before the Report was published?

Obviously, the inquiry will be a complete waste of time. If Howard can't get any political benefit out of it, it will be a rubbish report; if Blair can't he'll no doubt criticise it [or the Committee], too. And already people are whining about the composition of the Cttee :( :o :(

Another 6 months of claptrap then. :(

Like kwew and bootneck have said, there are more important things they should be addressing instead of having the media on another wild goose chase.

Like I said months ago the WMD's are probably in Syria. Let's get on with the job of finding a way to bring the lads back home.
Artist

Post by Artist »

I see that B'liar's new inquiry concerning WMD is being led by yet another Yes man. A Lord Butler.

Someone like Tony Benn should lead the inquiry, I dont aggree with his politics but at least he's honest and sticks to his guns.

Artist
Spannerman

Post by Spannerman »

Steve

I think you are right in principle that yes let a Law Lord sit as Chairman but have a cross section of other MP's from the Right and the Left on there. I also have to side with the Lib Dems (I am NOT a supporter) who have pulled due to the narrow remit of the Inquiry, Howard should have supported Kennedy on this one.

As the war has been over now for some 8 months why can't the 'irrefutable WMD evidence' be shown, that can no longer be secret or can it, what has the man to hide, the whole thing is a charade but unfortunately an expensive one to boot!