Share This Page:

Blair Visiting The Troops

Interested or active in politics, discuss here.
BenChug

Post by BenChug »

Question, even though Scotland N.Ireland and Wales are part of the UK but kind of still there own countries do they get sucked down the pitt of doom with us English?
If this country becomes a Republic, or becomes a state in the Federation of Europe, its because the people allowed it to be so. The English people are so insular today
If a man has nothing he is willing to die for then he isn't fit to live.
Whitey

Post by Whitey »

Showmanship.
Let them call me a rebel and I welcome it, I feel no concern from it; but I should suffer the misery of demons were I to make a whore of my soul. (Thomas Paine)
Greg S

Post by Greg S »

pol·i·ti·cian ( P ) Pronunciation Key (pl-tshn)
n.

1.) One who is a lying b@stard.
2.) One who floods Britian with illegal immigrants with little or no regard. Only interested in making short term profit from cheap labour.
3.) One who adds stealth taxes to everything, increases normal taxes and makes higher education a 'pay as you go' business venture!
chunky from york

Post by chunky from york »

Since we are off the subject again, I notice that President Blure got a new bullet proof everything else proof long wheelbase Jaguar limousine at the cost off the taxpayer. He doesn't think people are out to get him surely???

If people get off their ar*es and vote perhaps things would improve, a lot of brave men have died so that I can take part in a secret ballot and in honour of them I do,

Perhaps it is the thought that 'no matter who you vote for the bloody government still gets in' or they have lost all faith and trust in politicians who seem only interested in seeing how much they can pocket from the long suffering taxpayer?

Also how come Scottish MP's can vote in England but not vice versa, Tony will will be packing the Commons with Scottish MP's who he has bribed, yet again, to get him and his cronies out of the sh*t.

Well I feel a lot better for getting that off my chest!!!! :D :o :fist:
Chunky from York

I may not be the man I was, but I was
Frank S.

Post by Frank S. »

Question: what kind of system is in use in the UK for voting? Ballot boxes with paper cards, or electronic machines?
Pasha

Post by Pasha »

Hello Frank,

In my constituency at least, they use ballot boxes and paper slips on which you place a X next to the candidate of choice. I don't believe that there is an electronic voting sysem at all in the UK and am unsure as to whether that is through statutory design or tradition.
Best regards mate!

Pasha
Frank S.

Post by Frank S. »

Interesting... Currently, 80% of voting in the US is done electronically with no paper record, a percentage which is growing.
I would tend to guess your votes matter more and are more secure.
Andy O'Pray

Post by Andy O'Pray »

Albeit nobody has asked, in Canada we mirror the British voting system. Within party nominations there are telephone ballots accepted by some parties, but when it comes to Municipal, Provincial or Federal elections, you mark an X next to the person of your choice and place it in the ballot box.

Aye - Andy.
Greg S

Post by Greg S »

Last Elections in the UK only around 47% of the country voted (a figure around there).

Of those 47% or so, around 42% voted Labour...........since they got the majority they won............

In other words only around 22% of the country voted Blair!!!! Like someone said before, dont waste your vote next time!!!
BenChug

Post by BenChug »

Well there have been worse things known to happen such as getting into power with this messed up system of proporsional rep say having 40% of the vote but 152 seats, but at the same time a different party having more 45% of the vote and only having 120. Appearantly each person on PEI is worth 3 people from Alberta. While Alberta and BC combinded have the more pop than Quebec which again gets more seats than these two combined... This is why the west hates Ontario and Quebec :fist: bastards :roll:
If a man has nothing he is willing to die for then he isn't fit to live.
Spannerman

Post by Spannerman »

B Liar and Buff Hoon in Iraq

Has anyone else noticed how these two Government Ministers when introduced to Officer Soldiers in Shaibah and Basrah, the soldiers saluted . Can someone explain to me why? They hold cabinet rank only, not the Queens commission, they are unlike Bush who is C-in-C of the US Armed Forces.

I also notice that when on official duties that police do not salute these politicians. They are of course a representative of the Queen but unlike say, a Governor General who is in effect the representative of HM in such places as Australia.
chunky from york

Post by chunky from york »

Spannerman,

The police stopped saluting several years ago, probably because the officers who stand outside Downing Street were fed up with saluting a load of w*nkers.

Regarding voting, the alternative is a Postal Vote, although it has been shown that this is open to abuse and has been, especially in areas with a lot of ethnic minorities.

Right I'm now off before I start another rant.
Chunky from York

I may not be the man I was, but I was
owdun

Post by owdun »

You are right, Chunky, the postal vote in Brum was blatantly abused in ethnic minority areas, which ensures that this so called Govt. will look to increase the use of that method in a General election.

Aye Owdun. :evil: