Share This Page:

Blair Visiting The Troops

Interested or active in politics, discuss here.
Tab

Blair Visiting The Troops

Post by Tab »

Now in my old age have become even more cynical, but on reading that Tony is visiting the Troops in Iraq, I cant help wonder at his motive. I read once that if he gets involved in meeting or government business while on holiday, then the State will pay for the cost's of his Holiday, well it is thought.

:drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking:
Spannerman

Post by Spannerman »

Thought he would do that whilst in the region, I'm not sure but isn't his holiday a freebie thing but he gives what it costs to an elected charity.
Whitey

Post by Whitey »

If you donate to charity to you get a tax break like here in the US?
Let them call me a rebel and I welcome it, I feel no concern from it; but I should suffer the misery of demons were I to make a whore of my soul. (Thomas Paine)
Powder monkey

Post by Powder monkey »

Why are the troops still there to visit?

The threat from Saddam has gone. The country has been searched for WMD's (probably several times). The kurds are safe. So why not just get the UN over there and let them do the work of setting up a goverment?

Does oil really taste that sweet these days?

[/img][/list]
This post was typed up in front of a live studio audience at pinewood studios England.
Tab

Post by Tab »

Spannerman, there was a lot trouble over this a few years back when he visited the Mayor of Tuscany and charged his family holiday to the State as official business. I dont think you will find our Tony or his wife giving their money away to charaity.

:drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking:
Spannerman

Post by Spannerman »

Tab

I'm no liker of BLiar but I think I recall his summer vacation at Sir Cliff Richards Barbados hideaway that he again donated the cost of his holiday to charity, I also recall the same happening at the Red Sea resort of Sharm Al Sheik, I think I recall seeing that he is the guest of President Hosne Mubarrak. No doubt carrying his little red despatch case on the BA flight entitles him to privileges you and I would ne'er see.
Tab

Post by Tab »

Spannerman'

Now I might agree with you if we knew just how much he donates to charity for these trips. The current one must run into tens of thousands of pounds if you take all the security that the Egyptians have to provide, and that does not cover all the rooms he uses while he is there. Not only did he take all his family but he took the children's friends and his son's girl friend. Cherry has been known to take her hair dresser and her style,
guru, now i am not saying she has done this on this trip but it has happened. Now as far as we know he could just donate a fiver if that what he felt like as he refuses to say just what he gives out. At one time he was using the aircraft from the Queens flight like a taxi service.

Sisyphus

Post by Sisyphus »

If he visits the troops he's 'vote seeking' - if he doesn't he's a callous git who couldn't give a toss about them.

Which one is it? It doesn't matter which way the vote went, there'd still be c. 50% of the people who'd disagree with it.
Tab

Post by Tab »

sisyphus

It is the odd way he has tacked it onto his holiday that caused me to write this thread. Now can you tell me if this has made his holiday official business and he has turned into a freebee.

Spannerman

Post by Spannerman »

Best thing to do Tab is to ask your MP to ask the cost of his holiday at Prime Ministers Question Time.
BenChug

Post by BenChug »

Back when I believe it was Prime Minister Trudeau was at the Normandy landing beach for a dedication to the canadian soldiers who attacked a veteran told him something along the lines of.. "You don't belong here this is hallowed ground." Someone should say the same thing to B.Liar, the cuts his government makes to the military, the attitude of contempt of him being better means he should not be there.
If a man has nothing he is willing to die for then he isn't fit to live.
Mike

Post by Mike »

How that Pathetic Grinning man has the nerve to stand on the same bit of soil as our military personnel....Beggars belief.... All smiles and hand shakes... he thinks we have forgotten all the Lies, the nonentity of WMD, the rotten Kit his government sent them war with, The meager pay he gives them and the way he treats the fallen.... He indeed needs to snivel
Pity he wont bugger off to his mate over the Big Pond........I don’t think I can remember a more weasely, slimy, insincere PM....Please can we get rid of him SOON
Before the bastard sells us down the line to the French and Germans.
Aye
The Honourable Lord Mike of Loch Borralan
.........................Because I AM Worth IT..xxxx.......Never Mistake Motion for Action
owdun

Post by owdun »

Mike, the only way the politician can achieve anything at all, is if the people let him do so. If this country becomes a Republic, or becomes a state in the Federation of Europe, its because the people allowed it to be so. The English people are so insular today, that there is no chance whatever of them rising against the rule of Parliament. The firebrands of the past no longer exist, the Welfare State and state education took care of that, the people are feather bedded, even in the prisons, and we no longer have a history older than 1914, the end result is inevitable.

Aye Owdun. :evil:
Mike

Post by Mike »

owdun.... I fear you are right
Aye
The Honourable Lord Mike of Loch Borralan
.........................Because I AM Worth IT..xxxx.......Never Mistake Motion for Action
Frank S.

Post by Frank S. »

I kinda think that politics today are like cubism: you see all sides of a given subject, yet you can't exactly figure out what the hell you're looking at.
Everyone sees a different facet and thinks it defines the whole.

I also think it's by design... In France, it's called "drowning the fish"...