Share This Page:

Look at Life Courses

General discussions on joining & training in the British Army.
mr_hodgy
Location: down the road beside whats it called just off that big road by the big city

Look at Life Courses

Post by mr_hodgy »

Has anybody ever been on the Army Officer Look at Life Course? I understand it is a course for young people to gain an insight into a career as an officer in the army, however I don't have a lot of information about the course and thought it would be better to hear from people who have actually done it. Any information about the course will be greatly appreciated.
bigbart

Post by bigbart »

I thought the "look at life" was a visit to a camp to see what the soldiers/officers do from day to day, not an actual course. I may be wrong.
"Some day a real rain will come and wash all the scum off the streets..."
mr_hodgy
Location: down the road beside whats it called just off that big road by the big city

Post by mr_hodgy »

It definately does say "course" in the letter I recieved .
bigbart

Post by bigbart »

I don't know about officers, but for soldiers, the "look at life" was just basically that. A look at army life. You visit the camp and look round, nothing to worry about.
"Some day a real rain will come and wash all the scum off the streets..."
tin4tin

Post by tin4tin »

im going on a look at life course in august to the grenadier guards so im looking forward to it
Wildstylez

Re: Look at Life Courses

Post by Wildstylez »

I had been on a look at life course many years ago im not sure if it was related to the one in this topic, It was a 7 day look at life in the Royal Logistic Corps. I stayed with a group in the barracks for the duration had army issue clothing and experienced what it was like through to training, combat exercises, weapon training and even night time survival exercises with smoke and flash grenades , trip mines, experiencing hostage simulations with night vision walking through the night in pouring rain wading through waters chest high at night with full survival gear, I must say it was the greatest experience of my life. Sadly though Despite being recommended by top ranking officers for recruitment I have been unable to locate my file from the course with all the feedback on my performance! Highly recommend to anyone for a taster.