Share This Page:

Out Numbered!!!

General Military Chat. New to the forums? Introduce yourself, Who are you and where are you from?
Ste Preece

Out Numbered!!!

Post by Ste Preece »

As a parent we always worry about our kids.

Today, my eldest lad was standing at a bus stop. Three other kids walked past. They were roughly the same age, around 16/17. Several snowballs hit the bus shelter he was standing at. He gave them a sign.......... as young lads do.

Then one of them squared up to him and threw a stone right into his face. It annoyed me immensely when he first told me. Then he told me how he responded. He was drinking a can of red bull, which he threw at the lad who threw the stone at him. The end result wasn't pretty, and a little extra followed! But hey, 3 onto 1 is a tadge unfair.

I did ensure, at a young age, that he was prepared for the enpredictable and able to look after himself, as you do!!!!!!!!!!!!

steve :)
Steven Preece
Author of:
Amongst The Marines
Always A Marine
Wasted Resource
MSI64

Post by MSI64 »

Finally a parent that doesnt over react. Boys do this kind of thing all the time. Im guessing you have brought him up to be self reliant and confident??

Hope he is ok, bet he is boring you by now with replays of the event :D
Courage which goes against military expediency is stupidity, or, if it is insisted upon by a commander, irresponsibility."

"So long as one isn't carrying one's head under one's arm, things aren't too bad."

Erwin Rommel (Desert Fox)
ofens

Post by ofens »

Good lad
Our dad used to give us 5p for each ruk we got into at school!
That was when 5p was (almost) worth something LOL
[i]Hangover is temporary, drinking lasts forever![/i]
[b]IT WILL COME[/b]
Ste Preece

Post by Ste Preece »

MSI64 wrote:Finally a parent that doesnt over react. Boys do this kind of thing all the time. Im guessing you have brought him up to be self reliant and confident??

Hope he is ok, bet he is boring you by now with replays of the event :D
Yes I did bring him up to be self reliant and confident. He hasn't mentioned it since he told me, but that's the way he is. I'm just glad he came out on top as the group of lads probably get away with this sort of thing most of the time.

Steve
Steven Preece
Author of:
Amongst The Marines
Always A Marine
Wasted Resource
London Boy

Post by London Boy »

Good on him Steve.
My dad taught me how to box, how to distract an attacker,how to fight in a pub, or in the street, how to take on superior numbers with hit & run tactics. All of which stood me in good stead for 13 years as a copper :D
Sisyphus

Post by Sisyphus »

A stone in the face would suggest a fractured cheekbone or eye socket; a broken nose or jaw.

I hope the A&E managed to deal with it in less than the usual four hours.
Ste Preece

Post by Ste Preece »

He's got a fair lump on his cheekbone, but nothing to worry about. We had him checked out and there's no broken bones. :)

As for him. :-? He's wondering what all the fuss is about. :o He's not phased and has just cracked on with refining a piece of Green Day music, he's picked to play for his music exam. :D

Cheers

Steve
Steven Preece
Author of:
Amongst The Marines
Always A Marine
Wasted Resource
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

"Green Day"?
You have obviously failed as a parent Steve.my lad(That was)was bought up on the Rolling Stones and Springsteen :o
He still eats Hells Angels for breakfast. 8)
Ste Preece

Post by Ste Preece »

Wholly, Yes, Green Day, mate. But... He also likes The Clash, Linkin Park, Simple Minds, ACDC, Thin Lizzy, Stiff Little Fingers, Sham 69 etc.

So, I think I've done him justice, on the good vibes front!!

However, he tends to keep me updated with the vibes these days.

Steve
Steven Preece
Author of:
Amongst The Marines
Always A Marine
Wasted Resource