Share This Page:

Application form?

General Military Chat. New to the forums? Introduce yourself, Who are you and where are you from?
RC450

Application form?

Post by RC450 »

My application form arrived last week, its almost complete. Would I be right in saying, once its complete I contact my AFCO and bring them the application in person? While I am there, this would be the time I take the BARB test?

Cheers.
MSI64

Post by MSI64 »

What application form???? Hate to burst your bubble but if its from the Online Recruiting thing, then it aint your Application form its an Army Interest form and you have to take it to your AFCO to get your application form!!!
Soldier_Girl

Post by Soldier_Girl »

Yeah ... there are 2 ...

The first one is, as MSI64 says, an "Show of interest" application form from the online application section.

If they like what they see on there, you'll get the proper application form .... and it's massive! I started to go blind while filling mine in ... had to do it in stages, over a few days! :o

EDIT : Forgot to say, that was for the TA. Not sure if it's the same for the Regulars.
"All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word:
freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope." - Winston Churchill
RC450

Post by RC450 »

Hello cheers for the reply's. I have two application forms, one of them has "Her Majesty's armed forces application to serve" and the other one is more related to a soldier application. Also included is a BARB booklet to fill out. I've had to fill out a lot of info and they want me to supply passport, birth certs, education certificates etc. I've emailed them, no reply and the phone was engaged today. I'll try again tomorrow.

This must be the main application form?
_Mark_

Post by _Mark_ »

Soldier_Girl wrote:I started to go blind while filling mine in ...
:o
And i thought it was just guys that went blind...
royals

be patient in all things

Post by royals »

Hello mate ,You can hand in your application in person or post it . I sugest you contact your AFCO in person if you're living in the UK or call them (oversea applicant)
People that fail in life are those that didn't realise how close they were to their success when they gave-up...
RC450

Post by RC450 »

Cheeks folks, I finally got through. I've been given a date for initial interview and BARB test, looking forward to it.