Share This Page:

Rejoining process

General discussions on joining & training in the British Army.
Kris1990

Rejoining process

Post by Kris1990 »

Hi all, new to forum.

I stupidly left The Rifles in July 2009, at week 20. Since coming home i realized what a massive mistake i had made. So i re-applied, but this time to the RAC, my brother is in the QRH Regiment.

I know it is going to be a long waiting process, I have had to do my Barb Test again, and am now waiting to hear from Glasgow. If i get the ok, will i have to do pre-selection again?

Thanks in advance for any answers!!
MSI64

Post by MSI64 »

Yes you will. As you left before completing Basic you will also have to re do that as well.
Woody91

Post by Woody91 »

I am in the same position mate, just waiting to hear from Glasgow, I've been waiting a few months now mate.
And they really are taking tha mick!
Application sent - 02/05/08
BARB Test - 08/05/08 (passed)
Interview - 27/05/08 (passed)
ADSC - 18/06/08 (injured - metal spike through the knee) NEW DATE - 11/09/08 PASSED!
Para Depot Catterick - Sunday 21st September 2008
MSI64

Post by MSI64 »

Woody91 wrote:I am in the same position mate, just waiting to hear from Glasgow, I've been waiting a few months now mate.
Without wanting to stir an arguement
A. Glasgow are snowed under with Re joiners
B. Maybe you shouldnt have got out in the first place???
C. The Army dont owe you anything just because you want to come back!!
madenzo

Post by madenzo »

Woody91 wrote:I am in the same position mate, just waiting to hear from Glasgow, I've been waiting a few months now mate.
Aye im a re-join also Woody, and from my experience Glasgow are snowed under with applications at the moment due to the high number of people wanting to join the army. Fortunately i didnt have to wait to long (2 months) to hear back from them.
Just bear with it and keep plugging away at your fitness to keep you occupied!!!!
Kris1990

Post by Kris1990 »

Cheers for the replies everyone!!

What are people doing with their day to day lives while waiting to rejoin?. Im looking for work, but not having much luck!! also trying to keep my fitness up!!
waynepe

Post by waynepe »

You should be doing more than you was doing before you enlisted in the first place. Their eyes will be on you 100% of the time, you will be a higher risk than others because you have already left once. They don't want to waste 2 lots of basic training funding on someone who is going to drop out again.

You need to try and show your really trying this time round, being second isn't good enough. You need to prove to them that you really want it and are willing to give it your all and more. So get out there and train! Really push yourself and be ready to smash any challenge they throw at you and go back with the mindset that nothing will stop you this time and let them know it.

Good luck with re-enlisting.
application form : done
BARB test : passed 82
Medical : Broke my wrist so 12 months wait before reapply.
Kris1990

Post by Kris1990 »

your absolutly right Waynepe, i thought i was fit the first time round, but after starting basic training, i admit, i found parts of it hard!.
I have more determination this time, and ill do whatever it takes to prove i am the right person for the army.
Tab

Post by Tab »

You left the Army and they had spent a lot of money on your training and equipment before you decided to leave. Now while they have them queueing up to join at the moment they will be in no hurry to go for some one who still does not know what they want.
royals

Post by royals »

Kris1990 wrote:your absolutly right Waynepe, i thought i was fit the first time round, but after starting basic training, i admit, i found parts of it hard!.
I have more determination this time, and ill do whatever it takes to prove i am the right person for the army.

Hahhahahah .. alot to learn from
People that fail in life are those that didn't realise how close they were to their success when they gave-up...
_Mark_

Post by _Mark_ »

edit
Last edited by _Mark_ on Fri 23 Oct, 2009 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1582Smith

Post by 1582Smith »

I'm a Re-Enlister.
I was Med Discharged in October 08. And I started my application Exaclty 4 Months ago. My Medical notes where sent up to scotland a month ago and i'm still waiting. As much as its a long wait. if you want it your going to wait it out.

I have to go down Monday and see if the paperwork is back which it should be. If not my Recruiters going to ring up and say about it.
Application Forms - DONE
First Interview - DONE
BARB Test - Done
Medical Forms - DONE
Interview -Done
ADSC Lichfield - Passed. B Grade. 122.50 Marks. - 2.5Marks off A Grade.
Deploy to ATR Pirbight - 26th July 2010. Unless contacted before.