Share This Page:

pleaaaaaaaaaassseeeee helllp !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D

General Military Chat. New to the forums? Introduce yourself, Who are you and where are you from?
chelsea !!

pleaaaaaaaaaassseeeee helllp !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D

Post by chelsea !! »

heya
i go to perbright like on sunday and i really really am dredding getting on the trains their i mean u have to get on loads of trains its really sceary considering this is the first time of me leaving home and i am only 19 :) is any 1 going up to perbright from hull on sunday ???

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
chelc
barb - 56
first interview - passed
second interview - passed
glencourse - passed :D
intake date 20th of sep :D :D
owdun

Post by owdun »

I reckon you are heading for a very big wake up call.If you're scared of a train journey,how in hell are you going to cope with a drill sgt. :P :P

Owdun. :evil:
Tab

Post by Tab »

Poor little sod, you don't what is coming your way
owdun

Post by owdun »

Could this be a bite.??

Owdun :evil:
HRH

Post by HRH »

Why are u going to Pirbright on a sunday?
BARB - 78
ADSC - Passed
Job - Combat Medic
ATR Pirbright - 15.03.10
Beast
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Beast »

owdun wrote:I reckon you are heading for a very big wake up call.If you're scared of a train journey,how in hell are you going to cope with a drill sgt. :P
Too true. :P
MSI64

Post by MSI64 »

Sunday is the first day of Basic, it allows everyone to get there so the staff can start paperwork first thing Monday morning.
HRH

Post by HRH »

Oh right so this youngen who can't get a train alone will be representing queen and country

man up chelsea

8)
BARB - 78
ADSC - Passed
Job - Combat Medic
ATR Pirbright - 15.03.10
Zoe

Post by Zoe »

Oh dear :o

That is quite a long train journey, i'll give you that but.....19 come on!!!!
HRH

Post by HRH »

Zoe you recovered yet? Any news on a date? x
BARB - 78
ADSC - Passed
Job - Combat Medic
ATR Pirbright - 15.03.10
flighty

Post by flighty »

Sounds like it might be a bite but just in case .....

My lad was 17 when he went to Pirbright (might just help to get the spelling of your venue correct.) He was a nervous wreck on the train down from Crewe.

My neices and I left him on the platform at Waterloo and he teamed up with another young man saying goodbye to his girlfriend ..... on his way to Pirbright. They became bestest training mates and both won prizes at Passing Out.

In between times, son came home after six weeks basic a totally changed lad. Brimmed with confidence.

Anything new is a challenge whatever age you are. It doesn't get any easier the older you get. You just learn strategies to deal with it. Shame on you all for taking the rip.

If this is a genuine question then I wish you the very best of luck and please keep us posted with your progress.

Jayne
skidloaf

Post by skidloaf »

I'm from Hull Chelsea. We both did ADSC at Glencorse and you have to change trains on the way up there. Shouldn't be any more difficult.
B.A.R.B: 86
Interviews: Passed
ADSC: Passed
Intake: January 10th 2010 :D
Tab

Post by Tab »

I even had to catch a bus to the train station all on my own when I was called up, let alone get on that train.
flighty

Post by flighty »

Kids are softer these days, Tab. Not allowed out play because ...., not allowed to do this that and the other because ....

I spent my summer hols as a five/six year old wandering the countryside with much older lads and lasses picking damsons and stuff. Wouldn't dream of letting kids these days do so. Inner city kids I worked with in Manchester were astounded to know eggs came out of chickens' arses!

We are probably over-protective but then we incur the wrath of the tabloids if the system lets kids down. Baby P as the latest example.

Rocks and hard places.

Jayne
gooner_27

Post by gooner_27 »

I would say getting the train from hull down to pirbright could be seen as a good thing, What I mean by that is you have plenty of time on the journey to get yourself composed and ready for what lay ahead of you, Because im sure that 99% of your worry is whats at the other end rather than the journey down there. Im 28 and Im going to pirbright on the 30th of november and I am still nervous its natural.
BARB TEST 60
WRITTEN MED PASSED
FORMAL INTERVIEW PASSED
ADSC PASSED
INTAKE 30TH NOVEMBER 2009 ATR PIRBRIGHT
ROYAL LOGISTIC CORPS