Share This Page:

selection on 16th

General discussions on joining & training in the British Army.
Damien121

selection on 16th

Post by Damien121 »

i got selection soon and i can do 1.5miles in 15 :15 :O thats very bad, but it is mostly all up hill. tormorrow i am going to run it on flat ground and hopefully it will cut my time right down. anyone got any tips other than try your hardest add sprints in. should i go out and buy running shoes or should i stick with my trainers.

thank you.
Going For ADSC 16 SEP 2009
MSI64

Post by MSI64 »

hate to say this but you have a lot to shave off if your thinking about going Rifles (10.30-1200 mins)
Wouldnt worry about buying running shoes aslong as you have a decent set of trainers you will be fine.
Putting in sprints is a bad idea in my view as you wont know the route on ADSC and could burn out too early.
Try upping your speed overall is about the best idea and then when you see the finish give it everything yuo have left.
They say the adrenaline of the day knocks off between 20-30 seconds on the day.
Eat well sleep right and train hard!

Best of luck for your Selection
Damien121

Post by Damien121 »

i know, ive been trainin past month to get fit and wasnt trainin the 1.5mile but im going to give it my best tormorrow on flat ground hopefully get a good time under 11 mins im hoping. the todai run wasnt so good recoving from being ill. i want this so much, i know i can do better and i will do better.

o yeah i live bristol do any of you know where i take selection at. thanks
skidloaf

Post by skidloaf »

When I started my running I'd do my 1.5 about every 3 days and a run just til I got tired on the days inbetween (so running nearly every day) My 1.5 was about 12:30-12:45. I then got told just do the 1.5 every other day and rest inbetween. After about 2 weeks my time was down to an average of 10:33. As has been said though, you don't know the track at ADSC so sprinting is a bad idea. I started too fast, didn't have much left at the end so I had a shocking time at selection of 11:20. Start steady and finish strong.
RE: your trainers. Just my opinion but I would get a pair of running shoes. I used to run in trainers and ended up getting shin splints, put me out of training for weeks. I got myself a pair of New Balance and I've not had any problems since.
B.A.R.B: 86
Interviews: Passed
ADSC: Passed
Intake: January 10th 2010 :D
Damien121

Post by Damien121 »

OK :D good news i took out the hill, made the run in 12:45 on a kind of up hill run thats my 2nd try now i got try get down even more i reli hope i can pass selection
Damien121

Post by Damien121 »

the run time i got now is 12:21, i feel like i need to stop when i run my legs cant take it or something but i dont feel nakered! its just my leggs :/