Share This Page:

Re-Join

General discussions on joining & training in The Parachute Regiment.
Woody91

Re-Join

Post by Woody91 »

Hello everyone, I left ITC Catterick in December '08!
And I was in Para Company, however I f'ing regret leaving! I loved every minute of it!

I'm still only 18, but I need to be making firm decisions in life now!

ANYWAY, what I want to know is, how long it will take to re-join and what implications it can cause being a re-joiner!

Tom.
Application sent - 02/05/08
BARB Test - 08/05/08 (passed)
Interview - 27/05/08 (passed)
ADSC - 18/06/08 (injured - metal spike through the knee) NEW DATE - 11/09/08 PASSED!
Para Depot Catterick - Sunday 21st September 2008
gunner75

Post by gunner75 »

I thought it was 12 month from discharge but I aint 100% sure. the reasons why you jacked/left can come into play too. I think if you impress upon them that your 100% committed to the cause they will give you another chance. You have to be sure though as second time round there aint no bail out clause while your in recruits!
'Every man an Emperor'
gpw2009

Re: Re-Join

Post by gpw2009 »

Woody91 wrote:ANYWAY, what I want to know is, how long it will take to re-join and what implications it can cause being a re-joiner!
I'm re-enlisting mate after a MD. Put my application in back in March and now have a date for ADSC in July! Then got to do the new PRAC course then Depot August September time (if all goes well!) maybe :roll:

Not sure what you mean about implications..... :-?

If you show your commited then the recruiters should be fine. And when I was in training, the staff were the same. You show you want to be there and they will train you. They know people make mistakes in leaving, don't think anyone will hold it against you! Unless you left because you were being a mong, or gave them grief when you were leaving! :wink:
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"
("If you want peace, prepare for war!")

ADSC: Passed 07/07/09
Depot PARA: 18/10/09
_Mark_

Post by _Mark_ »

it's a 6 month wait if you daor, if you are md'd you will be told how long you have to wait

I came out just after gpw2009 i've been waiting almost 8 months to get back in.

Like was said before, it depends on your reason for leaving, what was it if you dont mind me asking?

Apart from that there's no real implications, just that you will get picked out more that others to make the brews and stuff. :D
Woody91

Post by Woody91 »

Basically I left because AT THE TIME I was abit naive, wanted to enjoy my youth abit more, but lets face it. WHAT THE HELL IS THERE TO ENJOY IN CIVVI STREET, apart from the gash!

Anyway, I'm going to the recruiting office on Monday, and starting my journey back into the Paras where I belong :)

Happy Airbourne Saturday by the way lads! Have a good one.
ADSC - 18/06/08 (injured - metal spike through the knee) NEW DATE - 11/09/08 PASSED!
gunner75

Post by gunner75 »

'but lets face it. WHAT THE HELL IS THERE TO ENJOY IN CIVVI STREET, apart from the gash!'

well yes this is true, but once you sign the dotted line and get farmed off somewhere - welcome to the world of squaddie groupies.... the dirty minx's :wink:
'Every man an Emperor'
Woody91

Post by Woody91 »

Gunner75 thats ALWAYS an interesting aspect of squaddie life ;) haha

Anyway lads, I went into the Manchester recruiting office yesterday to find out what my next steps are, and he said that once I hand in my discharge papers, they will be able to fast-track me back into training, I only left in December as a DAOR so it's not as though its been years.

However, being a fast-track, what does this entail? Is it a case of just doing another medical then getting put straight into the training platoon?
_Mark_

Post by _Mark_ »

i remember someone saying fast track to me almost 9months ago!! It means nothing as far as i'm concerned, then again i'm sure if you pat the recruiting sgt on the arse and give him a wink it'll all happen alot quicker for you!!
Woody91

Post by Woody91 »

Right lads, I can't find my discharge papers.
INFACT I can't even remember even being given any when I left
I remember being give a final medical paper and a contact number for just incase I don't get paid! LOL

Where can I get another copy of my discharge papers? :)

Woody.
MSI64

Post by MSI64 »

Ring APC Glasgow they will send you a copy, Dont even try to rejoin without them as you will just get a big FO tablet till you have them all
dwarfy

Post by dwarfy »

By discharge papers, do you mean 'certificate of service' or is that a different piece of paperwork?

At present I can't find mine anywhere, has anyone had this in the past/what can be done about it? As with above, is it something the AFCO I went through the process with can help me out with or is APC Glasgow for all services as it was RM recruit training I was in?

I can't believe I may have lost it, as i'm usually good with paperwork and documents.

dwarfy,
MSI64

Post by MSI64 »

For RM I think its Plymouth or Portsmouth for your service record!
AFCO wont help you with it you need to get it yourself
dwarfy

Post by dwarfy »

MSI64 wrote:For RM I think its Plymouth or Portsmouth for your service record!
AFCO wont help you with it you need to get it yourself
Thanks for that, I'll get on to that ASAP as i'm going to need it soon'ish'. Still fuming that i've lost it, must have been during one of the many moves i have made over the last 2 years. Still, you know what they say about excuses. :o
Woody91

Post by Woody91 »

I've tried phoning Glasgow and there's been no luck.
What about Hook Company?

Tom.
bored_stupid

Post by bored_stupid »

Don't be daft! Hook Coy won't do anything for you it's hard enough to get those girls off their fag breaks while you're there and need help never mind once you've left, they make glaciers look like fast movers! :lol: They'll just tell you to get in touch with Glasgow.

Keep at it mate, Glasgow are the only ones who will issue you replacement certificates you'll just have to persevere with it.