Share This Page:

Dog Lovers Please Watch

Non Military Chat. A place for chats or dross and down right pointless posts, you decide.
flighty

Dog Lovers Please Watch

Post by flighty »

http://www.petfriendlyworld.com/chatfor ... y&p=422366

I've not managed to do this very well, but please have a look back through this doggy thread and watch the vids.

I despise inflexibility and injustice and it looks like a family might lose a much-loved, harmless pet on Monday because red tape has got stuck.

Please sign the petitions if you feel so disposed.

I am crap at this ..... click on 'Saving Bruce.' :oops:
Mike90

Post by Mike90 »

Link doesn't work Flighty but I found it on the thread list:
http://www.petfriendlyworld.com/chatfor ... 8d&t=27920
Honest to God it makes me want to literally kill whoever murders (destroys? f@#k off) him because he is a certain breed! Hey, why not kill all muslims as a few of them bomb us?! Oh wait, they are people..... :roll:
I couldn't find the link to the petition on the thread (me being thick?) but here it is:
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/BRING-BRUCE-HOME-X
flighty

Post by flighty »

Good one, Moikey. Thank you for your help. :D

I have been really wound up by this ..... you can probably tell! Decent dog, decent loving family yet red tape decrees he should be put down on Monday. For NOTHING!

Bloody well stinks!

And the bastards who run the kennels should be horsewhipped.
Mike90

Post by Mike90 »

It shouldn't happen and if it was my dog I would damn sure beat the shit out of anyone who tried to do that as to me and I'm sure plenty of others a pet becomes like a member of the family. :evil:
There is absolutely no need for it to happen and despite how the dog has been treated in the kennels I am doubtful that anything will be done about it or to prevent future cases. As far as I am concerned whoever treats an animal poorly deserves the same themselves. :bad-words:
flighty

Post by flighty »

Do you support tougher sentences for animal abusers? Would you like to see those who kill, maim or torture dogs subject to harsher penalties? Click Here >> HomeAbout

Write About DogsAdvertisingPolls & SurveysSearchContributorsAnimal Advisory PanelContact K9 MagazineRe-Publish Our ContentFree Dog MagazineIndexSubscribe Advice

- Your Dog Questions Dog Food & Diet Dog Health Advice Dog Training & Learning Articles

Canine Health Columns

View From The Editor Interactive

Dog Videos News

Dog Events & Notice Board International Dog News Pet Health News Pet Industry News Promos
Reviews

Pet Product Reviews Pet Website Reviews Eleventh Hour Mercy Plea to Save Death Row Dog Bruce
July 2, 2009 by K9 Magazine News Editor
Dog lovers around the world have reacted in horror to the recent news that the high profile case of pet dog “Bruce” may finally be over as a court orders he be destroyed in a few days time ending an exhaustive twenty one month battle to save him.

Bruce was a young Staffordshire Bull Terrier living happily with his family in Northern Ireland. On September 19th 2007 Bruce was seized by council officials as an alleged “pit bull type” and taken to secluded kennels whilst his owner was taken to court for owning a banned type of dog contrary to the Dangerous Dogs Act (Northern Ireland) Order 1991.
Whilst incarcerated in kennels his family were allowed to visit their dog in October 2007, Bruce had lost weight, muscle tone and had an open cut to his muzzle. Five months later Bruce was allowed a second visit from his family in March 2008, they were shocked with what they found: The wound on Bruce’s muzzle was larger, weeping and had become infected, he tail had been amputated due to damage and infection, he had open pressure sores, was underweight and looked totally broken and rejected, yet despite the clear pain he was in, is described by experts as being a friendly dog that poses no danger to the public.

A trial was heard at Bangor Magistrates’ Court on 27th August 2008 and the court determined that Bruce was “of type” despite the evidence from two expert identification witnesses who said he was not. Judgement was given two weeks later on the 12th September and Bruce was ordered destroyed devastating his family and supporters.

A legal appeal was lodged and a brief hearing on the 12th November 2008 listed the case for mention on 12th January 2009.

A further hearing in March 2009 was scheduled to set a date for the full Appeal. But, as we understand it, at this hearing the Judge gave Bruce a reprieve, as she believed Bruce does not pose a danger to the public. It was unclear how this potentially groundbreaking ruling would proceed as the Judge did not contest that Bruce had been found to be a pit bull type but decided as he posed no danger to the public he could be returned to his owner under the conditions that apply to pit bull types in England: Bruce’s owner was trying to obtain third party liability insurance for him as a pit bull type in Northern Ireland. As it is illegal to have a “pit bull type” in Northern Ireland no insurance company was able to offer insurance cover.

A further court date was set for 29th June 2009 to decide how this ruling for Bruce could proceed and the Judge ordered destruction.

In a desperate attempt to save Bruce, owner Shannon Brown, supporters and neighbours have created petitions, online networking groups and videos resulting in worldwide support to “Bring Bruce Home”. Bruce remains on canine death row, removed from his family home, alone and unaware of the worldwide support he has to spare his life.

Despite being debated several times, Northern Ireland has not adopted the provisions within the1997 Dangerous Dogs (Amendment) Act allowing friendly pet dogs found to be unlawful by appearance, but posing no danger to the public, to be allowed to live. In England, Scotland and Wales, a dog found to be “pit bull type” by the courts can be ordered entered onto the Index of Exempted Dogs as an alternative to destruction. If the Amendment had been accepted in Northern Ireland, the court would have been able to exercise discretion as with the rest of the UK - Bruce is likely to have been home long before now, alive and well registered on the Index of Exempted Dogs.

If Bruce lived across the border in Southern Ireland where no breeds are nationally banned he would never have been seized and imprisoned at all. Bruce has been offered a place of safety with a dedicated rescue and sanctuary in Southern Ireland where he could legally live out the rest of his life; this offer has been conveyed in writing to the solicitor but has sadly not been accepted by the court.

Bruce hasn’t actually ever put a paw wrong; he is sentenced to death due to the way he looks and the fact that NI has a mandatory death penalty unlike the rest of the UK who gave the courts discretion when sentencing twelve years ago.

Bruce and his family have endured much mental and physical anguish and pain solely due to a draconian law. His owner is simply a young dog owner who has been struggling for nearly two years to save her dogs life.

All that needs to be done to let a friendly dog live is for Bruce to be allowed safe passage from Northern to Southern Ireland and Bruce needs your support again during his eleventh hour.

We are asking supporters to contact the Secretary of State for Northern Ireland (Shaun Woodward MP) and Ministers urging them to use compassion and discretion by granting Bruce a Pardon removing the penalty imposed – the mandatory death sentence with the provision that Bruce is moved to the rescue placement ready and waiting for him in Southern Ireland. For a nation who claims to be animal lovers this would be the expected outcome.

As the court has ordered that Bruce be destroyed someone will be expected to administer the fatal injection. Veterinary surgeons take a sworn oath and promise to safeguard the welfare of animals committed into their care. In line with this sworn promise we are calling on all veterinary professionals within the UK to take a stand and refuse to kill Bruce - a healthy, wanted animal who poses no danger to the public & has a rescue space waiting for him in Eire. Bruce’s legal owner does not give consent for Bruce to be destroyed.

Please help by contacting the relevant authorities (template letters available) – details below to add your support to “Saving Bruce”.

For Further Information – Please Contact:

DDA Watch

Email: mail@dangerousdogsact.co.uk

www.dangerousdogsact.co.uk

Tel: 0844 844 2900

Endangered Dogs Defence & Rescue

www.endangereddogs.com

Author Details
K9 Magazine is a lifestyle magazine for modern, forward thinking dog lovers. You can read world exclusive dog features, dog news and dog advice every month and join the thousands of dog owners who benefit from the many fantastic features inside this leading magazine! Subscribe to K9 Magazine. - See this author's webpage

Related posts:

1.Another Council Recommends Breed Specific Legislation
2.‘Death Row’ Dog is Stolen From Kennels
3.Want to Send a Dog to Its Death? Get ‘Qualified’ to do so in 240 Minutes
4.K9 Magazine Re-Wind: Send a Dog to Its Death in 240 Minutes
5.Responsible Dog Ownership More Costly than if you Fight Your Dogs

Filed Under: News
Tagged: dangerous dogs act
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Never miss another breaking dog news story, expert dog advice, pet product promotion or K9 Magazine feature. Subscribe to the K9 Magazine Daily Digest today. It's free, it's fast, you'll LOVE it!
Name:
Email:

16 Responses to “Eleventh Hour Mercy Plea to Save Death Row Dog Bruce”

■John Robinson on July 2nd, 2009 5:32 pm
The RSPCA, USPCA, British Government and Northern Ireland Assembly ALL continually urge the public to place appropriate value on animal welfare.

What sort of example are they setting if they kill this dog when the offer for him to live legally in Eire is on the table?

What role model is government projecting when it kills WITHOUT NEED?

■Amanda on July 2nd, 2009 5:33 pm
Urgent Plea for a Pardon/Intervention to Allow Export of Bruce to Eire:

• The Secretary of State for Northern Ireland – Shaun Woodward MP
Northern Ireland Office, 11 Millbank, London, SW1P 4PN
Fax: 01744 24306
http://www.shaunwoodward.com/enquiry.html

• The Rt Hon Peter Robinson MP MLA – First Minister
• Martin McGuinness MP MLA – deputy First Minister
• Jeffrey Donaldson MP - http://www.jeffreydonaldson.org
• Gerry Kelly MLA
Email: ps.ministers@ofmdfmni.gov.uk
Letters to: GD36 Stormont Castle, Stormont Estate, Belfast BT4 3TT
http://www.ofmdfmni.gov.uk

• Rt Hon Alan Johnson MP - Home Secretary
Letters to: 2 Marsham Street, London SW1P 4DF,
Email: public.enquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Urgent Plea to Refuse to Administer Fatal Injection:

Please urge your members not to participate in the death of Bruce.

• Veterinary Ireland – Representative body for veterinary surgeons in Ireland
Email: hq@vetireland.ie

• Veterinary Northern Ireland (VetNI)
Email: info@vetni.co.uk
Secretary General – jo.gibson@vetni.co.uk

• Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (RCVS)
Email: admin@rcvs.org.uk & registrar@rcvs.org.uk Fax: (020) 7222 2004

Urgent Plea to Help & Support Innocent Dog Bruce:

• Northdown Borough Council
The Mayor
C/o Town Hall, The Castle, Bangor, BT20 4BT
Email: tony.hill@northdown.gov.uk
Tel: +44 (0) 28 9127 8067

■Michele Sebesto on July 2nd, 2009 5:44 pm
this is a disgrace. Please return this dog to it’s owners. It’s painfully obvious that this dog is suffering where he is now without proper care and love.

■Amanda on July 2nd, 2009 6:01 pm
Template Letters for Bruce:

Please go to each one seperately as the contact details will differ - Thank You!

http://ddawatch.webs.com/savingbrucetemplate1.htm

http://ddawatch.webs.com/savingbrucevetdraft.htm

http://ddawatch.webs.com/brucetemplategeneral.htm

rebecca l. oslin Reply:
July 2nd, 2009 at 7:58 pm

PLEASE do the right and humane thing and save this poor creature who has already suffered so much when he has done nothing wrong. We only ask that he be allowed to go where it is legal for him to be and not be killed senselessly. There is absolutely no reason that this can’t happen as it would cause no one harm for him to leave. We ask you for sweet Bruce.

Thank you, rlo

■hENRY on July 2nd, 2009 7:47 pm
Please let thge dog live, his owners have already endured so much, this is very sad and heart breaking, the dog did not do anything wrong and the breed is most known to be loyal affectionate comanion..Please spare this dogs life it is not fair, god bless.

■Tonya Choryan on July 2nd, 2009 7:54 pm
I am appauled at a country that shows such indifference towards animal. This dog has a place to go to live out his life free. Haven’t they tormented this animal long enough. Are the egos of the judges/Ministers in Ireland so large that it overshadows the heart. I had always wanted to visit Ireland however, they will NEVER see a dime of my vacation/travel or business money. Is therir objective to KILL or simply ban this breed of dog. They sound more like a Killing machine than people of education, compassion and leadership.

Please FREE BRUCE, it is the responsible, compassionate thing to do,let him go live in Southern Ireland. The distruction of this gentle animal will only serve to strenghen my conviction that Northern Ireland is a land of KILLERS of innocent animals! SHAME ON YOU!

■Mrs Suzanne Jones on July 2nd, 2009 8:01 pm
There is no justification in killing this dog Bruce.Are you ashamed of the fact that through your ill equipped holding system and obviously ignorant and insensitive staff Bruce has suffered both mentaly and physically.Do you not want the extent of your neglect to become common knowledge IS THIS THE REASON FOR THE DESTRUCTION ORDER. As part of the UK you should adhere to common scense and parden this dog who at least has a bolt hole.Your time effort and lawmaking would be better employed by banning the puppy farming trade and the ease that farmed puppies can enter Northen Island from Southern Ireland or the Scandinavion countries. There is every chance that the unfortunate Bruce started his life in one of these unscrupioulous establishments.

■elizabeth bryant on July 2nd, 2009 8:41 pm
Dear sir
I respectfully beg you to spare Bruce’s life. There is nothing more painful to a pet owner then to have his pet put down, especially when he is not sick and did nothing wrong. How would you feel if this was your childs dog? This poor creature has endured enough pain and loss already, let alone his owners. Please be the human being God made you and be merciful and give Bruce a break, You will be rewarded over and over again. I beg you, spare him.
Send him to the USA I’ll take him.

Elizabeth Bryant

■Renee Wright on July 2nd, 2009 8:57 pm
Please give Bruce a chance at living a life free from abuse. He ought not to be put down, but given a loving home. Killing him would be appalling.

■Bonnie Snider on July 2nd, 2009 9:05 pm
I cannot fathom how any judge in the world could order this precious boy destroyed, when there is a legal home ready and waiting for him. He is not vicious. He has not attacked anyone. He was a loving family member who just happened to be born with only PART of a breed that governments around the world ignorantly outlaw and banish, because of the deeds of a few monstrous people who use them for the wrong reasons. He has done NOTHING to warrant a death sentence. I can’t imagine his pain and confusion at being torn from his family and living in some horrible place that won’t even tend to his wounds!

This goes to the very heart of the wretched BSL that is spreading like a cancer throughout animal-loving places. Just because of his LOOKS, he has been sentenced to die. Worst of all, die in a horrible place at the hands of strangers, with no one to hug him and love him and ease his terror.

PLEASE do whatever it takes to get this death sentence overturned and allow Bruce to go to a home where he will be loved. Even though it’s not with the family who cherishes him, it will still be with people who love and care for him, where he can finally live out the rest of his live in peace and kindness, instead of darkness and fear.

God bless all of your who are fighting for this precious boy. We must not give up! WE MUST BE HIS VOICE!!! Don’t let up until he is resting safely in the arms of loving people.

■Bonnie Snider on July 2nd, 2009 9:31 pm
I have just followed the links and have sent 15 emails along with using the web links to send the requests for help to all of the various places listed on the template letters for Bruce, as well as any others I could think of.

Please do this for Bruce. I just copied and pasted into one email after another and it truly didn’t take that much time at all. Considering how much time this precious boy has spent living in hell, an hour of our time is nothing compared to that.

Let’s make our voices heard!

Bless you all.

■Janice Green on July 2nd, 2009 9:32 pm
Please, Please allow Bruce to live the peaceful life he deserves. He never harmed anyone or anything, so why does he need to die for the way he looks? Please let him go to a place where he is wanted and will be loved and taken care of. Hasn’t he suffered enough because of the way he looks? Why Why Why would you want this sweet dog dead? Please let him go to Southern Ireland. Have a heart.

■Anita S. on July 2nd, 2009 9:54 pm
This is like killing a person just because of their race! The dog was seized from owners property without any justifiable reasoning. It’s just like the Nazi’s when they pulled Jews out of their homes and took them to the death camps.

Do you want to be known as the “Hitler of Animals?’ I think not, so please make this wrong a right, and send Bruce home. He’s an old dog with a broken spirit now, so what purpose would it serve to kill him now.

■SAVE BRUCE! on July 2nd, 2009 10:03 pm
What is wrong with the world? This dog poses no threat and has a place he can live legally! Let bruce live!

■Debra Work on July 2nd, 2009 10:08 pm
Please! Please! Let this sweet boy go home to the people that love him!

Feel free to leave a comment...
and oh, if you want a pic to show with your comment, go get a gravatar!

Name (required)

Email Address (required)

Website

Speak your mind

Record or choose a video?

Click to cancel reply
Notify me of follow-up comments via e-mail
LatestMost PopularMost Commented
Latest
Pit Bulls: Show Them Respect or Something Inside Them Just Switches
Eleventh Hour Mercy Plea to Save Death Row Dog Bruce
National Chihuahua Racing Championships Are Go!
Dogs Trust Issues Statement on Death of Police Dogs in Nottinghamshire
RSPCA Comments on “Death Trap” as Police Leave Two Dogs to Die in Hot Car
Pedigree Dogs Exposed Filmmaker Takes Top Award
Heatwave Alert: Did You Know The Sun Can Give Your Dog Solar Dermatitis
RSPCA Welcomes MP’s Proposed Changes To Dog Legislation (K9 Magazine doesn’t!)
Amy Winehouse in Dog Ban
Vets Plead With DEFRA Not to Place Animal Health in the Hands of Politicians
Most PopularDog Adoption Website Passes £4.5m Mark With 1,900th Dog RehomedIs the Rhodesian Ridgeback Club of GB About to Do the Right Thing?Torchwood Star John Barrowman Announces Addition to his FamilyCosy Up With The Queen's Corgis and The King's SpanielsOur Dogs Newspaper Attacks RSPCA & Dogs Trust Over Crufts WithdrawalDog Seized Under Dangerous Dogs Act is Returned to Joyful OwnerScottish Dog Owners Have Been Sold Out Over new Dangerous Dogs ProposalShould ANYONE Be Allowed to be a Dog Owner?New Organisation Sets up Breed Registry for Crossbreed DogsUK Pet Owners Statistics Revealed
Most CommentedShock as Lost Family Dog is 'Sold' by Animal Recovery Firm (323)Shock and Outrage as Dog Fatally Injured Live on TV (150)A Message to the BBC on Behalf of True Dog Lovers (Pedigree Dogs Exposed) (122)Help Us in Call For Tougher Sentences for Animal Abusers (100)Got a Spare £8k to Help Cavaliers? (It's not for health btw, it's for PR) (87)Irish Staffordshire Bull Terrier type attacks child, lets include articles and pictures of Rottweilers! (75)The Dangerous Dogs Act: It's Time For Breed Specific Legislation To Go & Go Now (54)Are Dog Breeders Evil Villains? (45)Scumbag Soldier Hurls Live Puppy in Sick YouTube Stunt (43)Kennel Hand Breaks Silence on What's Happening to Dogs (38)
Browse By Category:
Select a category below to view our articles.
All Content Channels Columns View From The Editor Advice Dog Training & Learning Dog Food & Diet - Your Dog Questions Dog Health Advice Articles Featured Editorial Canine Health Interactive Dog Videos News Dog Events & Notice Board Pet Industry News Pet Health News International Dog News Reviews Pet Website Reviews Pet Product Reviews Promos
Popular Tags
accredited breeder scheme Animal Charities Animal Cruelty Animal Welfare Breed Specific Legislation bsl canine legislation canine lungworms Creative Writing Dangerous Dogs dangerous dogs act dda designer dogs devil dogs Dog Books dog laws Dog Pictures Dog Surveys Featured News Funny Dogs hearing dogs kennel club lost dogs pedigree dogs Pet Insurance puppy farming rottweilers Social Issues Sponsored Editorial World Animal Day

Featured Video

DogMagazine.net Hot Topic

Do you think the breeding of ALL dogs should be licenced?

Yes
No

View Results
Loading ...
Polls Archive
Promotions & Offers

This dog advice could change your life!
A dog tip I received in June of 1993 changed my life & the life of my dog. I'd LOVE to pass that tip on to you!
Name:
Email:
Get some dog advice that could change your life + a FREE report; Dog Food Secrets of The Experts

--advertising--

Latest Comments:
Debra Work: Please! Please! Let this sweet boy go home to the people that love him!
SAVE BRUCE!: What is wrong with the world? This dog poses no threat and has a place he can live legally! Let bruce...
Anita S.: This is like killing a person just because of their race! The dog was seized from owners property without...
Janice Green: Please, Please allow Bruce to live the peaceful life he deserves. He never harmed anyone or anything,...
Bonnie Snider: I have just followed the links and have sent 15 emails along with using the web links to send the...
Bonnie Snider: I cannot fathom how any judge in the world could order this precious boy destroyed, when there is a...
Renee Wright: Please give Bruce a chance at living a life free from abuse. He ought not to be put down, but given a...
elizabeth bryant: Dear sir I respectfully beg you to spare Bruce’s life. There is nothing more painful to a pet...
Penny Harris: As a trained dog handler this officer has failed in the most serious way, he has failed to take care of...
S Brook: Firstly let me thank you for your response to my comment and would agree with many points you make. I find...
Contributors
Alison Green
BVA
Freelance Writers
FreePetStuff.co.uk
Ian Gill
Jennifer White
K9 Magazine News Editor
Neil Burton
No Author
PDSA
Ryan O'Meara
Sean O'Meara
The Bluecross
The RSPCA
Links
Dog Websites C-fidos Dog Advice Dog Breeds Dog Chat Blog Dog Magazine Dog Ownership Test Dog Rescue & Adoption Dog Rescue UK Dog Training Articles Dog Weight Advice Dog Wikipedia Entry Doggie Solutions Dogster Blog Ethical Dog Breeding Gifts for Pets National Dog Adoption Month National Dog Warden Association Pet Chat Forum Pet Insurance Pet Legislation Blog Pet Owners Parliament Pet Websites Directory Stop Dog Attacks The RSPCA UK Dog Service Directory
Advertisement
Copyright © 2008 K9 Media Ltd | The Pet Publishing Company.

Name:
Email:
* We HATE spam. Your email address is NEVER sold or shared.

close
Mike90

Post by Mike90 »

I have just sent the following e-mail to the provided address, anybody wishing to do the same please do so.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing to you regarding a case that I consider to be nothing short of murder scheduled to occur in Northern Ireland and ask that you intervene to help save a life.

I am referring to the Staffordshire Bull Terrier 'Bruce' whom on the 19th of September 2007 was seized by council officials as a “pit bull type” and taken to secluded kennels whilst his owner was taken to court for owning a banned type of dog.

Bruce's family were allowed to visit in October 2007 to discover that Bruce was in poor condition having lost both weight and muscle and was also suffering a cut to his muzzle. When in March 2008 another visit was permitted the owners were shocked to see that Bruce's condition had become worse still; the cut on Bruce's muzzle was not only more severe but had become infected, he had numerous open sores and his tail even had to be amputated. Despite the clear pain he was in Bruce was still described by experts as being a friendly dog posing no danger to the public. I consider the fact that Bruce's condition was even allowed to reach such a low point nothing short of animal cruelty.

Despite being proposed several times Northern Ireland has for some reason yet to follow the example set by the rest of the United Kingdom in adopting the 1997 Amendment Act meaning any dog deemed to be “pit bull type” cannot be entered onto the Index of Exempted Dogs. Had the proposal been accepted Bruce would still be with his family and registered on the Index of Exempted Dogs and despite the fact that Northern Ireland is now considering legislative change this is not likely to be achieved in time to save Bruce. However, a place of safety with a reputable rescue in Southern Ireland has been offered to Bruce where he could legally live out the rest of his life. This offer has been conveyed to the solicitor but has not been accepted by the court. What could the reasoning be behind this outrageous decision?

It is my understanding that you have the power to grant a pardon to Bruce and so I, along with the thousands of other supporters of the 'Bring Bruce Home' campaign, ask that you do all within your power to allow Bruce nothing more than safe passage to Southern Ireland where the rescue placement is ready and waiting for him. If you are the owner of any pet, especially a dog, I am sure that you understand the emotional attachment owners have with their pets and how they become a part of our families. Please spare the absolutely needless murder (I refuse to refer to any such act as 'destruction, animals are not objects) of Bruce and allow an innocent animal to enjoy his life.

Yours faithfully,

Michael Bond.
flighty

Post by flighty »

Thank you, Mike.

That little dog deserves all our help.
Mike90

Post by Mike90 »

I recieved an e-mail back but just saying my comments would be forwarded to the Department of Agriculture & Rural Development. Didn't expect anything back from them at all to be honest. ;)
flighty

Post by flighty »

Keep plugging away, Mike!

He has a stay of execution while they get their bloody paperwork in order.

I got all my team to sign up this morning.

Nil Desperandum!
flighty

Post by flighty »

Astonished at the lack of response.

Little dog will have no thanks to say you you idle gits if he survives.

How long does it take to send an email ffs?
dwarfy

Post by dwarfy »

flighty wrote:Astonished at the lack of response.

Little dog will have no thanks to say you you idle gits if he survives.

How long does it take to send an email ffs?
Personally i'm a little astonished by the massive amount of response for this elsewhere. Don't get me wrong, I feel for this little dog its family and its a sad situation as a whole, BUT there are 'people' in this country suffering such degredation and abuse every day and people dont seem to foster such a response for them. People sit back and accept suffering in so many other area's I personally dont see this as one of the most pressing issues in our times. Its sad yes, but I have to admit i'd rather people got behind other issues with the same kind of ferocity as this one apears to have attracted, issues that might make this country a nicer, safer place to live.

That said, I hope this dog gets the chance at life it deserves and I will print various parts of this off for my Nan who I am sure will write a letter to her local councillor and spread the word about it.
Mike90

Post by Mike90 »

I get what you are saying Dwarfy, things like this and then some happen every day without any such response which I don't understand but the point is if there is a fuss made about something worthwhile it doesn't hurt to back it up. ;)
dwarfy

Post by dwarfy »

Agreed here Mike, which is why I have passed this on to my Nan who I can tell you benefitted from the friendship of her dog for many years whilst she has been living alone so I know the importance of pets in many circumstances.

My point is what you have alluded to, that this gets massive attention and support in comparison to what i believe to be more important issues. That is not to say this isnt, but compared to the likes of, for example, human trafficking and the mass of abuse that goes with it, one dog and one family is not in the same league in my opinion, sad as it may be.

If people got behind issues effecting all of us and this country as whole we could make things change for the better, as this case is proving somewhat. We moan and moan about this that and the other, but how often do we see actual 'action' such as in this case?

I really do feel that we dont utilise the democratic society that we live in and rather take a 'we cant change it,so why bother?' attitude.
flighty

Post by flighty »

Quite agree, Dwarfy, which is why we are using the democratic process to highlight one particular issue which has sparked an international reaction.

No reason others shouldn't do the same for their pet (sic) causes using social networking sites as a vehicle.
flighty

Post by flighty »

Saving Bruce - Monday morning feeling?
Its the monday morning following one of the most manic weekends most of Bruce's supporters will have ever faced. Emails have been sent in their thousands, Ideas, Videos, Groups, Mailing lists, forums have all been frantic with efforts to Save Bruce. Most of us are, quite frankly, knackered!

But heres a thought that may give you a little smile and help you keep on going.

It IS Monday. Certain organisations, Mps etc will now be sitting down at their computers and finding that while they had a weekend off - WE DIDNT!!!!!

Now isnt that a pleasent thought?! Imagine the look on their faces as they find out how many emails they have. Its the little things that make us keep fighting isnt it?!

As the past few days have been so hectic I thought I would take a moment to run a "check list" so all Bruce's supporters can see at a glance all the updates that have happened over the weekend. Please do take a moment to email each and every one.

First a new video to try and gather more support has been created and can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aQLog460Io Please crosspost in the hopes even more people help save Bruce.

The USPCA have been added to our list of contacts. For templates and contacts see here: http://dangerousdogsact.blogspot.com/20 ... ntact.html

We are also asking everyone to contact the major news groups. A template letter is avaliable here : http://dangerousdogsact.blogspot.com/20 ... etter.html

And a list of contacts for world wide media can be found here: http://dangerousdogsact.blogspot.com/20 ... bruce.html

A list of contacts for UK media : http://dangerousdogsact.blogspot.com/20 ... tacts.html

A list of contacts for Irish Media : http://dangerousdogsact.blogspot.com/20 ... tacts.html

We are also asking everyone to contact the irish MLPs.
A list of contacts and a template letter can be found here: http://dangerousdogsact.blogspot.com/20 ... -list.html

We have asked supporters to beg Veterinary groups to refuse to destroy Bruce should they be asked and have templates and contacts details here: http://ddawatch.webs.com/savingbrucevetdraft.htm

Please also contact the ministers for Ireland and the uk who have the power to grant Bruce a pardon. Tmeplate and contacts details are here: http://ddawatch.webs.com/savingbrucetemplate1.htm

and finally (I think!!!) we have asked everyone to contact the RSPCA, Dogs trust, Kennel Club and Irish Kennel Club. Templates can be found here along with contact details ; http://ddawatch.webs.com/brucetemplategeneral.htm

Now just looking at all of that is pretty amazing - whats every more amazing is that good people from all over the WORLD are emailing every single one of them! Northern Ireland HAS to listen - the world is watching them and that is all thanks to YOU!!!!
Posted by DDAWatch at 01:36 1 comments Links to this post
Reactions:

Report to modera