Share This Page:

the Parachute Regiment Assessment Course (PRAC)

General discussions on joining & training in The Parachute Regiment.
A White

Post by A White »

paraprep1 wrote:must be the result of the ressesion over the past year... i hear that the royal artillery has stopped recruiting for a year.

i believe there are two intakes per month, although im not certain.
Wouldn't surprise me if that was why so many people are joining.
SandyTheGuvnor

Post by SandyTheGuvnor »

paraprep1 wrote:so much for prac cutting down the numbers!
It is :wink:
Things you feel like doing after being hit in the liver :
-Vomitting
-Suffocating
-Shitting yourself
-Passing out
-Crying for your mummy
-Stop taking part in any kind of violent sport.......
EagleEyes

Post by EagleEyes »

I think I can remember it being brought up in thread but I dont fancy going through 9 Pages.
How many press ups do I need to be doing looking at doing at PRAC? Is it around 70+? Or an easier question may be what was the average?

And before you all say it I know you need to do as many as you possibly can and you have to give it your all just wondering how many I should be looking at and how I compare.. Thanks.
A White

Post by A White »

EagleEyes wrote:I think I can remember it being brought up in thread but I dont fancy going through 9 Pages.
How many press ups do I need to be doing looking at doing at PRAC? Is it around 70+? Or an easier question may be what was the average?

And before you all say it I know you need to do as many as you possibly can and you have to give it your all just wondering how many I should be looking at and how I compare.. Thanks.
70+ on both situps and pushups :)
sterion66

Post by sterion66 »

Hey

This is something obviously new since last time i was doing my application. Is it a case of everyone that passes selection at ADSC for the paras will do this course before depot?

Thanks,
Mike
EagleEyes

Post by EagleEyes »

sterion66 wrote:Hey

This is something obviously new since last time i was doing my application. Is it a case of everyone that passes selection at ADSC for the paras will do this course before depot?

Thanks,
Mike
Yes
sterion66

Post by sterion66 »

Cheers Eagle
EagleEyes

Post by EagleEyes »

sterion66 wrote:Cheers Eagle
No problem mate, you done ADSC yet?
sterion66

Post by sterion66 »

I did ADSC last year twice and missed run time for paras by 6 seconds. So i've changed my situation, moved close to work and live in more of a hilly area which should be good for training. I'm going to give it another crack this year.
EagleEyes

Post by EagleEyes »

sterion66 wrote:I did ADSC last year twice and missed run time for paras by 6 seconds. So i've changed my situation, moved close to work and live in more of a hilly area which should be good for training. I'm going to give it another crack this year.
I've got alot of respect for you for not giving up and not going to second best. Just train hard, Hills defo help alot!
Good luck mate.
Last edited by EagleEyes on Fri 19 Jun, 2009 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
EagleEyes

Post by EagleEyes »

Need a reply ASAP please paraprep or anyone whos done PRAC, do you need a suit again for the final interview?
jxnxg

Post by jxnxg »

hi
my son took his suit but they werent too bothered bout it he just wore his trousers shirt and tie, hope this helps
A White

Post by A White »

EagleEyes wrote:Need a reply ASAP please paraprep or anyone whos done PRAC, do you need a suit again for the final interview?
You will need one for the final interview in PRAC, everyone i went up there with had one. plus it makes you look smart :)
paraprep1

Post by paraprep1 »

EagleEyes wrote:Need a reply ASAP please paraprep or anyone whos done PRAC, do you need a suit again for the final interview?
bring a suit just to be safe, especially if its on the kit list. even though you might not use it you dont want to get caught out for lack of effort, best of luck to you mate.
EagleEyes

Post by EagleEyes »

Well I passed guys :D. The steeplechase was one of, if not THE hardest thing I've ever done in my life, It was pissing it down when we did the steeple chase so even running the straight stretches was a challenge because of the mud.

I did take a suit and I did need it, so thanks guys..