Share This Page:

Why dont Paras get mentioned?

Discussions about those units who make up The Parachute Regiment.
Richard

Why dont Paras get mentioned?

Post by Richard »

When you hear stuff what happens on the news or in the paper its all about the infanry or the Marines, why is this?
paraprep1

Post by paraprep1 »

i guess the paras are to hot for the media to handle :wink:
fodd

Post by fodd »

Erm maybe beceause Royal are in afgan at the mo and 16 air assault aint! did you not read the papers from march to september last year?
ex nod was diagnosed with chronic compartment syndrome rejoining eventually.

currently in australia as im traveling the world before i rejoin the marines.

One Man One Life One Chance.
Darren82

Post by Darren82 »

paraprep1 wrote:i guess the paras are to hot for the media to handle :wink:
lolol

Could you get any chadder?
When you hear stuff what happens on the news or in the paper its all about the infanry or the Marines, why is this?
lolol

10 points for Mr Current Affairs
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

Let's not start with the"who's better than who"Stuff again.The Parachute Regiment gets as much attention as anyone else and as Fodd said they are not currently deployed overseas.They are getting some well deserved"Make and Mend"Time before relieving 3Cdo. Brigade in a sandy,hilly place with Lot's of goats.
Trev1

Post by Trev1 »

They get loads of media when they are in theatre mate dont know how you missed it all to be fair, they lost a lot of good lads on there last tour.
Tab

Post by Tab »

You only get mention when you get killed, so don't get killed and stay out of the media
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

You just shot down my ambition to get in the media.
I just wanted to appear with a young,nubile movie star.
Kate Twinset would do but if I have to die first there's not much point really.
As I'd be ...ermm..... Dead. :o
kev101

Post by kev101 »

That's strange, my recruiter told me that the paras always have troops in afghan and as one set come back, one goes out.
HCR

Post by HCR »

Kev101 wrote
That's strange, my recruiter told me that the paras always have troops in afghan and as one set come back, one goes out.
Well your recruiter is talking sh*t then int he. But thats what Recruiters do, its there job. Yes there may always be a few Paras out there but not the Battalions. Theres always someone from every department of the Armed Forces out there. Doing different things.

As for the original post. I got back from Herrick 4 and you would of thought judging by all the press and books written that 3PARA were the only unit out there. Yes it was there Battlegroup but no mention of us, Royal Irish, The Fusiliers and others. Like whats been said the PARAS get plenty of publicity when there out there. And at the moment there not so thats it.
For it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' 'Chuck him out, the brute!'
But it's 'Saviour of 'is country' when the guns begin to shoot; (Rudyard Kipling)
mutter1

Post by mutter1 »

kev101 wrote:That's strange, my recruiter told me that the paras always have troops in afghan and as one set come back, one goes out.
Well if you count the "special" folks he was probably right :P
HCR

Post by HCR »

Well if you count the "special" folks he was probably right
Well in that case you can count every single Infantry Regiment. Even the Household Cav as a good number in the special folks
For it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' 'Chuck him out, the brute!'
But it's 'Saviour of 'is country' when the guns begin to shoot; (Rudyard Kipling)
mutter1

Post by mutter1 »

HCR wrote:
Well if you count the "special" folks he was probably right
Well in that case you can count every single Infantry Regiment. Even the Household Cav as a good number in the special folks
As I said, "If" and "Probably" :wink:

^
That actually reads a wee bit oddly now that I've typed it....... :oops:
green boil

Post by green boil »

HCR wrote:Kev101 wrote
Well your recruiter is talking sh*t then int he. But thats what Recruiters do, its there job. Yes there may always be a few Paras out there but not the Battalions. Theres always someone from every department of the Armed Forces out there. Doing different things.

As for the original post. I got back from Herrick 4 and you would of thought judging by all the press and books written that 3PARA were the only unit out there. Yes it was there Battlegroup but no mention of us, Royal Irish, The Fusiliers and others. Like whats been said the PARAS get plenty of publicity when there out there. And at the moment there not so thats it.
Well said HCR there alot more infantry regiments than just paras or Royal, a little known fact is the fusiliers at nowzad had more contacts than 3 para did on herrick 4,but as usual that got forgotten about
Trev1

Post by Trev1 »

green boil this has nothing to do with the thread mate but was just wondering what bn from the Rifles are you mate?