Share This Page:

Selection + Insight Course

General discussions on joining & training in The Parachute Regiment.
gunner75

Post by gunner75 »

thats a good time. best I got was 8.20 when I could cut the mustard!
'Every man an Emperor'
partymarty1987

Post by partymarty1987 »

i couldnt even cut bread at the minute. Done me own 1.5 mile route the other day and got 9.10. Still going to the track today to make sure though
_Mark_

Post by _Mark_ »

foshy wrote:....hes what they want but the recruiters being a twat!
Not being funny mate, but he's just doing wht he's told to do. Recruiters are at least a sgt, so most of them have been there, done it and got a drawer full of t-shirts, as far as i am aware the recruiters have records of the applicants they deal with and whether they end up joining or not, so i dont think they would try and prevent an applicant out of spite. like i said not being funny, just dont think the tw@t bit was needed.
foshy

Post by foshy »

yea fair play mate i didnt need to say that but you no
what i mean...any way i spoke to him just a minute ago and he told me that the bloke who was in charge that weekend is ringing his recruiter up tomorrow and he is going to talk to him.
barb-done
interviews-done
pre selection-done
selection-done
choosen regiment-the elite
start depot-22nd feb
_Mark_

Post by _Mark_ »

Cool, good luck for the 22nd bud.
foshy

Post by foshy »

cheers mate.
barb-done
interviews-done
pre selection-done
selection-done
choosen regiment-the elite
start depot-22nd feb
drummerja

Post by drummerja »

you'll be fine. when i went down to colchester for my insight course i had eaten a full chicken on the train. about 30mins after i got off the train and the recruiter picked me up, i did a bleep test >< got 14.4 on it which was good concidering id never done one before.
it was good aside from the two recruiters that got absolutly bladderd and woke us up ever 20mins on the saturday for their own amusment and made us to stress positions, sit ups, press ups, the works. then to wake us again after another 20-30mins. they said it was because someone left a lit cig in the bin, which caused it to ignite, which turned out to be a load of rubbish. the sergant major made sure of that when he found out the next day! which was unfortunate for the two corporals which we never saw again as they were put on 12 weeks guard duty for what they did :D
never the less, it was all good fun and i want to do it again soon.

the course was a good insight into how fit you are, and/or how far off you are from being actually near fit. i wasnt that far off. run time 9:36, pressups 42 and sit ups 73. pull ups 13 and that was september last year. i hope to go on the course again in march or april to see how much i have improved.

i wouldnt recommend not going, or not turning up. only 14 lads showed out of 30! which was quite de-morlaising to be honest. i dont know what the paras were thinking when there was such a bad turn out. it was good for us lot because the naffi had made food for 30, so we just gorged ourselfs!! i went home with 3 pack lunches!! which were stil in my bag when i got to manchester :P

go for it lad, by the sounds of it you seem'd to enjoy yourself last time. just take some ECA stack with you and you will fly though the course.
tom163

Post by tom163 »

drummerja wrote: just take some ECA stack with you and you will fly though the course.
ECA stack as in the weight loss drug??
_Mark_

Post by _Mark_ »

drummerja wrote:it was good aside from the two recruiters that got absolutly bladderd.... the sergant major made sure of that when he found out the next day! which was unfortunate for the two corporals which we never saw again as they were put on 12 weeks guard duty for what they did
Mate clean your keyboard, you seem to have gotten a little bull sh!t in your comment.
CardSharpe

Post by CardSharpe »

_Mark_ wrote:
drummerja wrote:it was good aside from the two recruiters that got absolutly bladderd.... the sergant major made sure of that when he found out the next day! which was unfortunate for the two corporals which we never saw again as they were put on 12 weeks guard duty for what they did
Mate clean your keyboard, you seem to have gotten a little bull sh!t in your comment.
Just a little? :D

:bad-words:
BARB Test: Passed[79]
Medical: Passed[Finally!]
Interview: Passed
ADSC: Passed[B Grade]
Depot: 15th June 09
Pass out: 18th Sept 09
Phase 2: 28th Sept 09
AddzWilkinson

Post by AddzWilkinson »

lmfao bless he trying to get him self known on here.. shame its the wrong way ey? :L

:bad-words:
BARB Test: Passed
Basic Skills: Passed
Written Medical: Passed
Interviews: Passed
ADSC: - Passed Pirbright 3rd/4th December
Intake - 22nd March catterick
Choosen Regiment - Princes Of Wales Royal Regiment
Al_2

Post by Al_2 »

drummerja wrote:you'll be fine. when i went down to colchester for my insight course i had eaten a full chicken on the train. about 30mins after i got off the train and the recruiter picked me up, i did a bleep test >< got 14.4 on it which was good concidering id never done one before.
it was good aside from the two recruiters that got absolutly bladderd and woke us up ever 20mins on the saturday for their own amusment and made us to stress positions, sit ups, press ups, the works. then to wake us again after another 20-30mins. they said it was because someone left a lit cig in the bin, which caused it to ignite, which turned out to be a load of rubbish. the sergant major made sure of that when he found out the next day! which was unfortunate for the two corporals which we never saw again as they were put on 12 weeks guard duty for what they did :D
never the less, it was all good fun and i want to do it again soon.

the course was a good insight into how fit you are, and/or how far off you are from being actually near fit. i wasnt that far off. run time 9:36, pressups 42 and sit ups 73. pull ups 13 and that was september last year. i hope to go on the course again in march or april to see how much i have improved.

i wouldnt recommend not going, or not turning up. only 14 lads showed out of 30! which was quite de-morlaising to be honest. i dont know what the paras were thinking when there was such a bad turn out. it was good for us lot because the naffi had made food for 30, so we just gorged ourselfs!! i went home with 3 pack lunches!! which were stil in my bag when i got to manchester :P

go for it lad, by the sounds of it you seem'd to enjoy yourself last time. just take some ECA stack with you and you will fly though the course.
I know one of the guys who run the insight course I think I'll ask him as this is such a fasinating story :roll:
Don't pull face's, it means nothing to me I can't feel a thing. You must drive forward.

'The Paras 1982'
AddzWilkinson

Post by AddzWilkinson »

yeah please do and let us know his responce :D lmao!!
BARB Test: Passed
Basic Skills: Passed
Written Medical: Passed
Interviews: Passed
ADSC: - Passed Pirbright 3rd/4th December
Intake - 22nd March catterick
Choosen Regiment - Princes Of Wales Royal Regiment
partymarty1987

Post by partymarty1987 »

Let us no ASAP, Gossip, Gossip Gossip (in a gay voice )
partymarty1987

Post by partymarty1987 »

How long do you think it would take for your 1.5 run to drop? after i ran 9.10 just over a week ago, i started doing shorter runs, sprint work etc. Problem is i dont feel as fit as 10 days ago.

I find it hard to push myself on runs now