Share This Page:

Phase 1 to Phase 2

General Military Chat. New to the forums? Introduce yourself, Who are you and where are you from?
jstagg

Phase 1 to Phase 2

Post by jstagg »

Hey all i've got a question (SUPRISE)

Once you've completed phase 1 and move to phase 2, is phase 2 where you actually do training for you're chosen role i.e Air assault, vehicle driving, sniper ect?

Because when ever i talk to my recruiter he gets foggy on the gap between phase 1 and 2, he all ways says 'I'm not sure on that i'll have to find out' but never does

So thought I'd ask here.
2 Rifles.

Herrick 10/11 Completed.

Home in September.
agapito

Post by agapito »

He wont know how long of a break you'll get because it varys on your, enlistment date, and the start of the next course or intake of you chosen trade. In my troop we had a Royal engineer lad that had 3 days off untill he started his course, on the other hand you had a Med corp guy who had almost 2 months until his phase 2 course started and i had 9 days...so like i said it vary.
just_me

Post by just_me »

Does Infantry do Phase 1 and 2? I say this because I remember hearing that Infantry just do a CIC Infantry course instead of the different Phases because correct me if I'm wrong but isn't non-infantry P1 the same for everyone wheras P2 is trade training, training in the speciic field you will be working in?
Once you've completed phase 1 and move to phase 2, is phase 2 where you actually do training for you're chosen role i.e Air assault, vehicle driving, sniper ect?
Mate you have me truely confused there as the Infantry (I say this because I know you are going for Infantry) roles of Sniper and Driver are only avaliavle once you get to Battalion (again anybody in the know please correct me) and you have to go on the specific Cadres to do those roles, and places on the Cadres are usually given to the more experienced blokes.

As for Air Assault (AGAIN correct me if I am wrong) aren't the only blokes who do Air Assualt in 16AA (Look online for the list of Battalions serving in 16AA) and the only Regiment where everybody specalizes in Air Assault the Parachute Regiment?

This is my understanding on all of that anyway if I am wrong please somebody let me know so I don't have to look like a mong when asked about it in the future :wink: .
jstagg

Post by jstagg »

This is what i'm confused about, so far Two different recruiters i've spoken too have said two different things lol

1 said Phase 2 consists of training on you're chosen subject

the other said Phase 2 is a carry on from Phase 1 just more Combat training and less physical training.
2 Rifles.

Herrick 10/11 Completed.

Home in September.
just_me

Post by just_me »

OK this will explain my understanding that there is no Phase 1/2 for Infantry going by what Sandy the Guvnor said here. There was more somewhere else but I really can't be arsed to find it at the moment so sorry about that.
jstagg

Post by jstagg »

The Civi to infantry soldier says different, maybe he sees it like that because he has to train us retards and is sick of it? lol just a thought.

But yeah i've answered my own question so this post can be closed! yay
2 Rifles.

Herrick 10/11 Completed.

Home in September.