Share This Page:

Tattoos

General discussions on joining & training in the British Army.
Brisks

Tattoos

Post by Brisks »

Just a quick question I'm thinking about getting two tattoos, one on each fore arm. It will just be one word on each and nothing obscene. I'll probably get it on inside of the forearm so it won't be very visible either would this affect me joining the regs later on in life? As I know tons of people in the TA that are covered in ink and have no problems.
JayBuckley

Re: Tattoos

Post by JayBuckley »

Brisks wrote:Just a quick question I'm thinking about getting two tattoos, one on each fore arm. It will just be one word on each and nothing obscene. I'll probably get it on inside of the forearm so it won't be very visible either would this affect me joining the regs later on in life? As I know tons of people in the TA that are covered in ink and have no problems.
As long as it's nothing obscene or offensive to any one else then you should be fine mate!
insushin

Post by insushin »

I would ask a recruiter first, that way you will know for sure. dont take our words for it, since tattoos are an issue best to find out for certain.
Mya

Post by Mya »

I thought they were ok as long as they weren't on face, hands or neck and weren't offensive?
MSI64

Post by MSI64 »

Mya wrote:I thought they were ok as long as they weren't on face, hands or neck and weren't offensive?
Thats right
adamb

Post by adamb »

You applied yet? Usually the recruiter should give you a sheet with a man on and you have to state were you have tattoos on. Best bet to just ask your recruiter.
Paratrooper01

Post by Paratrooper01 »

Dont get any tats on your face, head or neck and you will be fine.

I know of guys who have tats all down their forearms and hands. But again, they are already in the army so you had better check first.
Utrinque Paratus - READY FOR ANYTHING!
gooner_27

Post by gooner_27 »

I have a full sleeve on my right arm and two large pieces on my left arm, Also i have one on the back of my neck which i was told would be fine, As long as they are not offensive or showing when you are on parade.
BARB TEST 60
WRITTEN MED PASSED
FORMAL INTERVIEW PASSED
ADSC PASSED
INTAKE 30TH NOVEMBER 2009 ATR PIRBRIGHT
ROYAL LOGISTIC CORPS
MSI64

Post by MSI64 »

Nothing on the hands or face and nothing above the collar of your shirt

Ladies and gentlemen thems the rules
gooner_27

Post by gooner_27 »

The one on the back of my neck i only just got away with, Its just about covered.
BARB TEST 60
WRITTEN MED PASSED
FORMAL INTERVIEW PASSED
ADSC PASSED
INTAKE 30TH NOVEMBER 2009 ATR PIRBRIGHT
ROYAL LOGISTIC CORPS
milleredgeside

Post by milleredgeside »

gooner_27 wrote:The one on the back of my neck i only just got away with, Its just about covered.
Yeah same here if it was an inch higher on back of my neck i wouldnt of got a chance of getting in, i was very lucky, but now im thinking about gettin mum and dad on both of my wrists, would that be allowed?
Poodle2424

Post by Poodle2424 »

wrists is usually not allowed as you salute with your right hand , so i wouldnt advise it!
tobyj

Post by tobyj »

some one i was with at a look at life course is with going lazer treatment because he had on his arm courage and wisdom. he has to get some of it taking off as it leads to his wrist a slight bit. i think its unfair on that situation as its on his forearm and not offsive. anyone disagree?
BARB Test: Passed
Basic Skills: Passed
Written Medical: Passed
Interviews: Passed
ADSC: - Passed
Intake - 1st March
Choosen Regiment - The Coldstream Guards
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

tobyj wrote:some one i was with at a look at life course is with going lazer treatment because he had on his arm courage and wisdom. he has to get some of it taking off as it leads to his wrist a slight bit. i think its unfair on that situation as its on his forearm and not offsive. anyone disagree?
I give in :evil:
If this level of communication is acceptable within the British armed forces then I'm pleased my passport says"US Citizen"
Even if I do drop the odd"U"Do you people have no education?
This is not even text speak it's just plain ignorance or laziness.
Use your spell checker or piss off.
Not amused.
tobyj

Post by tobyj »

Removed. Idiot speak.

Jayne
BARB Test: Passed
Basic Skills: Passed
Written Medical: Passed
Interviews: Passed
ADSC: - Passed
Intake - 1st March