Share This Page:

Infantry - Royal Anglian; The Poachers

General discussions on joining & training in the British Army.
jstagg

Post by jstagg »

Yea, litchfield 6th november, i have to be a litchfield trent valley station between 10:30 - 11:15.

Having troubles with the damn rout planner tho haha gotta' call em.
adamb

Post by adamb »

Same one as me mate, what are your 3 choices? Have you been breifed yet? My breifing isn't until 30th october i hope its not being left to late, what problems you got with the route planner? you got your warrent yet?
jstagg

Post by jstagg »

Sweet mate!

Yea, got my rail MOD ticket thing, dont have to go for a brief becuse was brefied on monday,

1 Infantry

2 Paras

3 Guards.

Basicly, any time i put in to the rout planner it says i'll be at thwe station as t 11:30 witch is to late. reguardless of the times i enter it gives me some B.S back lol, but yeah you got MSN mate? whens you're intake date? you been given it? how good do you think you'll be at the ADSC??

Any one els going the same time??
adamb

Post by adamb »

What infantry regiment you off for mate, im off for royal anglian. If we both pass we may also do phase 1 together. Nah don't have msn mate, not sure about intake if i pass would imagine janaury. Im hoping i pass ADSC im just going to give 110% run faster than i have before really dig deep give me more of a chance. I can do around 15 heaves and 1.5 time of 9;55 - 10;43. Whats your heaves and 1.5 time m8? How old are you btw? Im 17, i know on another forum someone else is going but he is 20 i think.
sterion66

Post by sterion66 »

When you receive your details through for ADSC it should also include a rail warrant and schedules of trains departing from your station and arriving at lichfield. It will give you all the alternate options also so you can see when they arrive etc. and also when to change trains.
jstagg

Post by jstagg »

hey sterion66, yeah i didn't recive that information, but i got the rail warrant. i'll just phone the number on the back and get some help there simple enough.

Im off for 1st rifles part of 3 commando, be wbrill if we did do Phase 1 together, kinda better knowing i allready made a mate (i hope you are) befor entering lol!

My 1.5 is arround the 9 min mark, only reason is through having a sporty life style
Heaves probly about 30 im quite bulky through work witch is a bonus realy, no doubt you'll pass mate! i got the same attitude, Give it all - or not at all.

and im 19. ill be 20 in january.

Im travelling from somerset so i have to at the station (departing) around 6-7 maby sooner, i'm also aiming to be at lichfield train sation about 9:30 for tea and a s**te (because ill be bricking it! haha)

Get MSN dude, be awesome to talk propa.
adamb

Post by adamb »

Yeah i think we will be doing phase 1 together then, if you doing it in catterick that is?

Sterion i have a breifing on the 30th of this month, giving me 7 days to get everything sorted. Is this normal?
tommy237

Post by tommy237 »

Yea , good luck for the ADSC, mine is a few days after you boys so you'll have to tell me what its like..
My reasons for joining are pretty much the same as yours. I like the idea of the doing the opposite of what most people do and i like the kind of respect that goes with it all.
Dont have a bird or kids or anything , so its easy for me i guess in that sense.. Training at home at the moment so trying to get up to a decent level of fitness. Josh or Adam have you done a 1mile and a half timed run yet? Ive done a couple , my best so far is 9mins 38 . hopefully within the next few weeks i can get that down..
Tom
tommy237

Post by tommy237 »

Bit late that entrance , hadnt refreshed the page . lol , got some of your times,9mins very good time Josh...
adamb

Post by adamb »

Yeah my best is 9;55 & im averaging 10;30. 9;38 is a good time mate don't see the need to get that any lower but keep it up & good luck.
sterion66

Post by sterion66 »

I had no briefing for ADSC mate just paperwork explaining things so it's a bonus. Just don't panic guys, think of it as a 2 day job interview.
adamb

Post by adamb »

Sterion is it males with males or mixed groups? I got told its males with males but on the ADSC DVD there mixed? & do you do the icebreaker infront of everybody or do you get split up into groups of 12?
jstagg

Post by jstagg »

Adam i think its mixed sex selection, but yeah i'll be at Catterick thats the Infant's main training (ITC),

GOOD TIP: Im working with a chappy who was in 2 para' and he said to me, on you're first day don't work you're ass off 110% because if you are tested on the same things the next day you'll be aching, and you'll also be expected to beat what ever score you made the previous day, so work as hard as you wan't but the next day CRACK ON. work you're ass 110% so then it looks like you improved and want to be there.

I've timed my self on the 1.5 and im getting on average 8 - 9 mins, if i dont try or what ever i still get it in arround 10 minutes.

The ice breaker is infront of every one on the day, this uages what you're like, shy or stupid ect.

Yeah i only got Paper work for my ADSC, cant wait!!
2 Rifles.

Herrick 10/11 Completed.

Home in September.
shawlee

Post by shawlee »

sterion66 wrote:When you receive your details through for ADSC it should also include a rail warrant and schedules of trains departing from your station and arriving at lichfield. It will give you all the alternate options also so you can see when they arrive etc. and also when to change trains.
i didnt get any of this lol i just got the warrant had to guess my way to the ADSC

and i had all lads at ADSC, we just did the talk when the medical was done just everyone goes in to a room and sits and waits till its your turn first ones who finish the medical side talked in front of like 5 lads and mate work 100% all the time its ONE long job interview you only get one chance with the 1.5 mile...... its all quite easy so just work full effort its just like a good workout :)
adamb

Post by adamb »

Yeah im looking forward to it all, got my breifing this time next week and my ADSC a week after that so only 2 weeks to go !