Share This Page:

ok guys so what results did you get at adsc

General discussions on joining & training in the British Army.
carli

ok guys so what results did you get at adsc

Post by carli »

hey all....what test scores did you get when you went to adsc??, on the static lift, heaves etc..were you proud of what you got, did any of you manage to do more than when you were training just through sheer adrenaline, lets share :-) x
BARB-75
MATHS-level 2 ENGLISH-level 2
WRITTEN MEDICAL-passed
PRE-SELCTION-passed
ADSC-passed
PHASE 1-8th december :)
OrcinusOrca

Post by OrcinusOrca »

What were the average scores for the static lift, heaves, dynamic lift, 1.5 mile run time etc. I've had a problem with the medical so its delayed my application i would be interested to see what the scores were.
carli

Post by carli »

i dont know for all but the pti said to me that the average for a male for the static lift is 100 or summert like, im female but thats wot they said :)
BARB-75
WRITTEN MEDICAL-passed
PRE-SELCTION-passed
ADSC-passed
sterion66

Post by sterion66 »

Well i'll start it off

9m 46s
135kg Static lift
13 pullups
108kg back extension

I was disappointed with the runtime as i've been training since August last year and did manage to get to 8mins 30s on a flat circuit at one stage. The things like static lift etc. i was happy with but wasn't sure what a good score for back strength test was. I kind of assumed my score wasn't very good though.

Mike
Steve14

Post by Steve14 »

Are the pullups at ADSC overhand or underhand "chins"?
OrcinusOrca

Post by OrcinusOrca »

What about press ups and sit ups don't you do them at the adsc?

I don't understand how any of the lifts are useful, they're all done on machines, surely it would be more use to say lift a container weighing a certain amount to shoulder height. Sounds like you had a fun time anyway, thats the main thing.
carli

Post by carli »

well done sterion66, they good scores :) ... and OrcinusOrca no you dont have to do ansit ups ad press ups there, well he doc will probably tell you to do some when in the medical thats about it...and yh its really really good there, im sure you'll enjoy yourself :)
BARB-75
WRITTEN MEDICAL-passed
PRE-SELCTION-passed
ADSC-passed
adamb

Post by adamb »

I cant wait until ADSC im excited more than nervous now i got the date & its getting closer.
JayBuckley

Post by JayBuckley »

AdamB wrote:I cant wait until ADSC im excited more than nervous now i got the date & its getting closer.
There isn't really anything to be nervous about mate, just make sure you give 110% and you will be fine.

I was pleased with my results especially the static lift as i got 178KG which surprised me, also 17 heaves which when practicing i was only getting around 14/15 but to be honest not really bothered about the results i was just happy that i got accepted for the parachute regiment! :D
sterion66

Post by sterion66 »

When i was there some lad got about 205kg i think it was just under the record set at 208kg i believe it was. He also got about 28 pullups. Absolutely nuts, even crazier he wasn't a body builder size just pure strength. I was in shock and for those who are wondering he got 8mins something on the run. No situps or pressups at ADSC and they do a jerry can carry 20kg in each hand.

Mike
adamb

Post by adamb »

wow 178kg alot, are you a big build? Don't think id get that much im 5ft 9" & 62.3kg (20.23 BMI), I can do around 15 heaves at a push, 40-50 pressups. Im not thin like a skeleton though lol. What is the static lift i wouldn't mind trying it before ADSC just to get a rough idea, is there a pass mark or is it just best effort?
JayBuckley

Post by JayBuckley »

AdamB wrote:wow 178kg alot, are you a big build? Don't think id get that much im 5ft 9" & 62.3kg (20.23 BMI), I can do around 15 heaves at a push, 40-50 pressups. Im not thin like a skeleton though lol. What is the static lift i wouldn't mind trying it before ADSC just to get a rough idea, is there a pass mark or is it just best effort?
I'm not huge or anything i have a bit of muscle but mainly just toned.

I'm in the white vest top, this was army theme when i was in uni if you wondering why we are all dressed like that.

One in the black vest top.

You can see from them pictures I'm not actually that big at all.
OrcinusOrca

Post by OrcinusOrca »

Being big doesn't have that much to do with it, if you have a short back and longish arms you're going to be good at those back exercises in terms of bio mechanics. You could have a strong lower back aswell ofcourse. Well done Jay, good luck in the paras.
JayBuckley

Post by JayBuckley »

OrcinusOrca wrote:Being big doesn't have that much to do with it, if you have a short back and longish arms you're going to be good at those back exercises in terms of bio mechanics. You could have a strong lower back aswell ofcourse. Well done Jay, good luck in the paras.
Thanks dude 4 weeks tomorrow and i will be up in Catterick, can't wait!! :D