Share This Page:

Info on Paras

General discussions on joining & training in The Parachute Regiment.
Stokey_14

Post by Stokey_14 »

Paratrooper01 wrote:
And that game we played where you had to physically put someone in the football goal to score. No real rules, just anyone can put anyone else from the other team into their goal to score. :lol:
Now that sounds like my kind of game... I always did tend to go for the man rather than the ball as a kid :lol:

Stokey
ParaMarine

Post by ParaMarine »

phoenix1379 wrote:ill say he will be slightly quicker than that.
2 reasons.
firstly cause he done two laps of paras 10...... which requires awesome fitness.
second, just so he can prove you wrong.

:D :wink:
Hey Up Phoenix

Ye maybe i shouldnt have said what i said there! Unit Pride i suppose would wana make a Para keep them selves above the game especially since they have Royal Marines to compete too! But in ref to what you said...Yes hes done 2 laps of Para 10 but thats not guna mean his 1.5 time is going to be any different! The body adapts to the stress placed upon it...i.e Endurance Athletes cant sprint for long periods because there Anaerobic system (V02) hasnt been tested as much as their Aerobic System therefor the demands are going to different on the body For example Lance Armstrong probs the best V02 in the world won tour de france all them times but couldnt complete the marathon he competed in! Thats the easiest way to tell it...I could go into the science behind it but i cant be arsed to write lol!
ParaMarine

Post by ParaMarine »

Sandy The Guvnor wrote:
ParaMarine wrote:Simply because theres no need for you to improve your times
You couldnt be more further from the truth when you say that as I am always striving too improve everything i do. I am a 100% believer in the saying monkey see monkey do as i wouldnt tell or get a recruit too do something i couldnt do or wasnt prepared too do myself.
Ye like i said Unit Pride i suppose! Wanting to achieve the best stardard! Much respect to you!
ParaMarine

Post by ParaMarine »

Oh and just a quick 1!!!!!

Do you guys have a Blues Uniform Sandy just you never see a Para wearing them...?
phoenix1379

Post by phoenix1379 »

Paramarine, I dont think you quite understand what im saying.
I completly understand what you saying about how the body works and V02 max and all that stuff, including fast and slow twitch muscles etc etc.
What i was trying to say was, it dont matter how fit the body is the mental fitness can go way past the physical fitness and then some.
Yes, you can train train train an get physically fit but when your body is totally exhausted, and i mean totally exhausted, it takes that mental fitness to pick yourself up and carry on. Taking it to the extreme take SAS selection. Yeah those who pass selection and extremely fit but it takes more than physical fitness to pass that, it takes the mental edge, the point when you can keep on going through the pain barrier again and again.
Thats what i ment with sandy.
I have no idea what his run time is but i bet its quick, but lets say for instance it 7.30. Lets say that time left him 100% knackered and he could run no faster.
I bet if he really wanted to and i mean REALLY wanted to he could get a 7.20. When you want it that bad your mind will do what your body cant.
With the paras 10 when he done his second lap although he is obviously fit enough to do it thats still a mental strain and your mental attitude has to be right no matter how physically fit you are.
I hope you understand my point.

Sandy, sorry to reference you but i hope you dont mind me doing so in a issue that i think is important and unique to military fitness.[/quote]
ParaMarine

Post by ParaMarine »

phoenix1379 wrote:Paramarine, I dont think you quite understand what im saying.
I completly understand what you saying about how the body works and V02 max and all that stuff, including fast and slow twitch muscles etc etc.
What i was trying to say was, it dont matter how fit the body is the mental fitness can go way past the physical fitness and then some.
Yes, you can train train train an get physically fit but when your body is totally exhausted, and i mean totally exhausted, it takes that mental fitness to pick yourself up and carry on. Taking it to the extreme take SAS selection. Yeah those who pass selection and extremely fit but it takes more than physical fitness to pass that, it takes the mental edge, the point when you can keep on going through the pain barrier again and again.
Thats what i ment with sandy.
I have no idea what his run time is but i bet its quick, but lets say for instance it 7.30. Lets say that time left him 100% knackered and he could run no faster.
I bet if he really wanted to and i mean REALLY wanted to he could get a 7.20. When you want it that bad your mind will do what your body cant.
With the paras 10 when he done his second lap although he is obviously fit enough to do it thats still a mental strain and your mental attitude has to be right no matter how physically fit you are.
I hope you understand my point.

Sandy, sorry to reference you but i hope you dont mind me doing so in a issue that i think is important and unique to military fitness.
[/quote]

Hey Phoenix

Completly understand your point....Peoples state of mind will carry them thru anythin...Thats the fundamentle rule of training its called Overload
Run=Stresses on the body=Overload=Adaptation so next time your body knows these stresses and adapts to cope with the strain.
phoenix1379

Post by phoenix1379 »

i understand what you saying.....one last point though.
Read chris ryans " the one that got away ".
No one trains to do a 200km tab. Its too much stress on the body. But he done it, cause he had the right state of mind and mental attitude.
Ok he was mega fit too, but that dont mean you can tab 200 km.
SNiDE

Post by SNiDE »

paramarine, is this a wind-up? do you realise you're gobbing off to a para pti? and you want to be a para?
dwarfy

Post by dwarfy »

I doubt this is a wind up, and personally i dont think he is 'gobbing' off. He has clearly stated he respects the knowlegde and experience others have regarding training for the 'military' and training for 'combat' fitness once in, but to be fair to him he has not said he is an expert or even a novice in this area.

He is defending the the fact that he does have the knowledge in the area that he confessed he did(helping someone bring down their 1.5mile run time),and just because he is a civilian i dont see why he shouldnt be able to defend that.

Give the guy a break, he did not come on here to gob off, and in fact was only trying to offer some help to people. I dont see why he has been shot down for that.

dwarfy
milleredgeside

Post by milleredgeside »

ParaMarine wrote:Cheers my run time is 7:48 so ill be gud anyways just wanted to know if anythins changed
Thats an amazing time, i was pleased with mine i was only training for a week i wasnt running that much or anything i just went in for my fitness trying to get in as quick as i could after my barbs test i just tried my hardest n got 8.31 which im pleased about, but now ive been really training and i can do better, got my interveiw and i well wanna become a para, so confident dedicated that i will get in, just gotta see if im up for it, my first choice was scots guards and with that time i got they said i can join paras and two of my mates have just joined so im gonna give it ago