Share This Page:

Normal infantry to para

General discussions on joining & training in The Parachute Regiment.
mozza

Normal infantry to para

Post by mozza »

hey, iv passed selection the other week and going for regular infantry, got a trainig date in a few months but now iv been really thinking about going for the paras, does anyone know can i get a transfer over in trainig or what? i mean if i done 4 weeks then asked for a transfer would i get in if i was fitter enough or would i have to go through selection all over again?? advice please lads.
Alfa

Post by Alfa »

Yes you can transfer once you've started basic training, you can put in your transfer after your 28 days are up (sometimes they let you go earlier depending on your platoon staff) but you usually have to start back at week one when you do.
mozza

Post by mozza »

wicked, thanks for reply mate! may go for it then.
Fusilier

Post by Fusilier »

You can try mate but don't count on it. I only met one mate in my company who wanted to transfer, never understood myself. :wink: :lol:

He was a real fitness freak even started talking about leaving! The result ? ? ? they said no.
:-?

I would not set my heart on it. If you want to join the Para’s then join them, you wont pull a fast one on the Army, believe me. You should have put your foot down at the start. Sorry mate but ask on this forum if anyone knows someone who did transfer and watch the result. :cry:
jstagg

Post by jstagg »

I see this as a

'Im not fit enough for the para's so i'll chose the second best option the infantry, ok so now i want to change my mind and go for the paras to piss people about'

do you're 28 days, perform to the maximum and next time choose what you realy want to do.
2 Rifles.

Herrick 10/11 Completed.

Home in September.
Fusilier

Post by Fusilier »

'Im not fit enough for the para's so i'll chose the second best option the infantry, ok so now i want to change my mind and go for the paras to piss people about'
I wonder if the other Infantry units are doing a second best job in Iraq and Afghanistan.
:wink:
jstagg

Post by jstagg »

Fusilier wrote:
I wonder if the other Infantry units are doing a second best job in Iraq and Afghanistan.
:wink:
Wow, i so tottaly didn't expect that kind of reply, thankfully i'm lieing and i did..

So what if the infantry aren't working in Helmand, so what if the infantry don't jump out of planes, so what if the infantry don't wear a red lid.. who cares we all go as one, i'd advise some of these die hard 'Paras are the best for ever and ever ah-men.' to go research a bit of history reguarding their birth their job and what they do, because i think a fiew of the other 'We'r paras we kick ass even till' the last man' would be supprised at how many times they have been bailed out by smaller untrained regiments..Saying that, (I'd like people like Fusilier to read this) No regiment is the bees knees in some situations i.e the infantry, in other situations they are.. can people please start looking on both sides of the fence? not just stand on it and spit down on the floor below..

We'r all doing the same job reguardless of wether we can carry a telegraph pole 2.5 miles over an assault course or not.. love the paras love their job seems fantastic to do it, Infantry is my first choice based on family then efficiency not beeing the best.
2 Rifles.

Herrick 10/11 Completed.

Home in September.
just_me

Post by just_me »

Mate, you are aware that The Parachute Regiment are in fact Infantry aswell? And that other Infantry Regiments do work in Helmand? And that what you just said is the complete opposite of what you said two posts ago?
And surely it's a Maroon lid?
dwarfy

Post by dwarfy »

Jstagg,

You really dont seem to like Para's a great deal, is there something your not telling us?
milleredgeside

Post by milleredgeside »

I wanna know what happends from now, ive done my barbs and mile and half and passed them and my writen medical, im waiting for my interview and what happends after that? do i get sent up scotland for selection? what do you have to do at selection? prove that your the best? and just go mental and do your best?
Pain Is A Weakness Leaving The Body
milleredgeside

Post by milleredgeside »

I also wanna know about like 3para and that? which is the best? and do i get to pick which 1 i join?
Pain Is A Weakness Leaving The Body
Fusilier

Post by Fusilier »

First let me say I have full respect for the Para's, I just don't like the view everyone else is a poor relation by a FEW.

Jstagg

No disrespect but I alread know and feel that.
tom163

Post by tom163 »

milleredgeside wrote:I wanna know what happends from now, ive done my barbs and mile and half and passed them and my writen medical, im waiting for my interview and what happends after that? do i get sent up scotland for selection? what do you have to do at selection? prove that your the best? and just go mental and do your best?
:roll:
milleredgeside wrote:I also wanna know about like 3para and that? which is the best? and do i get to pick which 1 i join?

:roll: :roll: